Camelot 3000

The higher ups at DC have hated Mike Barr since…forever. It could be because he’s outspoken, or–nah, it’s definitely because he’s outspoken. For instance, he stirred up controversy in the 1980s when he dared to say that Bill Finger should receive co-credit on Batman, even losing an editorship position over it. And then DC systematically removed most of his work from canon in the 1990s.

2 Likes

It’s been 25 years and now with DiDio gone and Lee in charge, it might change. And Barr was right and Bill Finger now does get credit for creating Batman.

1 Like

Barr also had the audacity to criticize DC for the Writers’ Purge of 1968 in a 1988 article. He has a bad habit of talking and writing about creators’ rights.

1 Like

An absolute favorite. Got me interested in Arthurian legends and lead me to reading Le Morte d’Arthur. Unfortunately, I can’t think about it without also remembering just how long it took those last several issues to come out. Week after week I would ask at the comic store when the next issue was coming out. Waiting 6 months between issues really dampened my enthusiasm at the end. That gorgeous Bolland art came with a real price.

1 Like