📺BYOM Watch-Along📺 SUICIDE SQUAD, Sunday July 21, 6:30pm PT/9:30pm ET

Greetings DCU! This is a BRING YOUR OWN MOVIE (BYOM) WATCH-ALONG :dvd::vhs::film_strip: :cinema: :popcorn:

SUICIDE SQUAD is NOT currently offered through DCU. To participate in this event, you MUST have access to a commercial-free copy of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital, Target, Amazon, Walmart, iTunes, borrow a friend’s, rent it for a night, etc.).

Let’s watch Task Force X defend the world! With Superman gone, we need as many backup plans as possible, right?

WHO: YOU (and Amanda Waller, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Diablo, Rick Flag, Katana, Captain Boomerang, the Joker, Batman, the Flash…)

WHAT: Suicide Squad (2016)

WHEN: Sunday, July 21st, 6:30pm PT / 7:30pm MT / 8:30pm CT / 9:30pm ET

HOW: On two devices - one for watching the movie and the other (phone, tablet, etc.) for commenting in this thread as we watch the movie. A few minutes before showtime, set the time code on your copy of the movie to 0:00 and click the PAUSE button. Then, precisely at 6:30:00 pm PT/8:30pmCT/9:30pm ET, we will all click the PLAY :arrow_forward: button.

WHY: Because watching DC Films with the DCU community is the best way to watch the film (IMO).

:white_check_mark: If you arrive after the start time, you can catch up! For example, we start at 6:30 PT, if you arrive at 6:45 PT, we are 15 minutes into the movie - you can fast forward 15 minutes to catch up. Hooray!
I hope to see you there!

”I want to build a team of some very bad people who I think can do some good.” - Amanda Waller

3 Likes

Is this the theatrical or extended cut?

1 Like

Yessss I was hoping we’d do this one!

1 Like

@Vroom
Theatrical

1 Like

Good that’s 12 minutes less suffering, lol. Kidding, I actually like this hot garbage movie as a hot garbage movie.

1 Like

BYOMbadiers? BYOMbers? WALflowers. WALdos! WALies?

1 Like

Theatrical :frowning: ok

i have suicide squad on dvd but the edition i got has 4 different editions which one will we be watching threater,extended cut,uncut

Hello!
We’ll be watching the Theatrical cut.

1 Like

Thank you for not killing us on the est with a 11 pm start.

1 Like

Is this the Blu-ray cut or dvd

I do love the idea of dvd watch alongs

1 Like

Think I have every film but Suicide Squad. Think I’ll grab it!

3 Likes

I could only find it on digital a few years ago now its everywhere on dvd

@biff_pow
WALers? WALBies?

1 Like

@Davidbizzarr1000
any media is fine, just be sure it’s the theatrical cut - run time is approximately 2 hours 03 minutes.

1 Like

@MakasuB
Yay! Round two! =)

1 Like

I have both versions

I got justice league and justice leauge dark also plus just got aquaman

1 Like

WWWWALbangers! WALabies!

1 Like