Friendly Fire
Bouncing Boy

4 Likes

Maxwell Lord
Mr. Mxyzptlk
Lex Luthor
Amanda Waller
Lucifer

If you can somehow get them all to work together, the world is theirs, but ego would get in the way right off the bat.

2 Likes

I’d actually read a series with that roster!

2 Likes

Lex Luthor
Vandal Savage
Darksied
Brainiac
Riddler

All big minds and egos. They would never along and they would always try to stab each other in the back constantly.

2 Likes

I think in terms of being nonfunctional as a practical matter, a good balance of incompatible personalities and powers is ideal. Personally, my brain went to designing a team that would be a bad writing decision even if they might be fairly effective (if a little redundant).

3 Likes

Love it…

Calculator
Etrigan
Atrocitus
Jimmy Olsen
Lucy Lane

1 Like

King Kandy
L-Ron
B’wan Beast
Raven Manatu
Tasmanian Devil

2 Likes

Honestly, I think personalities are the real make or break of a team. Even if they’re virtually powerless, they could still work together and accomplish plenty of good, even just on a small scale. Likewise, a team of OP characters would never be able to get even the smallest thing done if they’re personalities are not complementary and allow them to work harmoniously.

1 Like

You could ask. Will you? (Sorry about my inner grammar Nazi).

I go by both. To be truly the worst they have to be ineffectual as a team in every way possible. There are a lot of characters with conflicting personalities that can be an effective part of a team because they are powerful enough to make up for their flaws (Guy Gardner, Constantine, or Dr. Fate, for example). There are other characters with terrible or no powers that can be an effective part of a team due to their personality (Snapper Carr, Amanda Waller (She gets the job done doesn’t she?), or several Legion of Superhero members).

Gypsy, Blue Jay, Ambush Bug, Zan, Multi-Man

2 Likes

This thread has convinced me that some of these need to happen

3 Likes

Ambush Bug, Myxzptlk, Skeets, Bibbo Bibbowski, and G’Nort

1 Like

This is hilarious, @cayers59! Do you have a team name for this group?

1 Like

The spirit of revenge Red Hood Jason Todd, the great and virtuous old man Green Arrow who is known to send rebellious adolescents and young men out of control, daddys’ boy style Damien Wayne Robin at age 16, “that guy” Guy Gardner Green Lantern, and “Superboy,” the clone Conner Kent after 8 years of learning to be his own person.

Okay, so we need a few heroes who are merciless murderers, and then on the opposite spectrum some heroes who just can’t compromise on the “one rule.”

I don’t know if I just made the worst team ever or the best team ever but it is arguably the suicide squad of actual good guys. These guys are fearless next to near imbecillic if you consider fear an important natural instinct, with overmaculine egos, no concern for their lives, as much style as skill that they would clash simply because they do things differently, and so many politically endearing (I mean divisive) opinions to piss off both ends of the spectrum of political values that they would be too concerned policing one another that they would contradict everything they would manage to get done together.

Ollie and Damien would be too busy deciding who should be leader (and would probably settle on splitting the team in half, because out of sight is out of mind for both of them) one would want to give Red Hood loose reins and the other would want him under constant supervision. Connor would have a hard time obeying anyone but Ollie, and without supervision himself would cause an obscene amount of collateral damage alongside Guy Gardner who he would actually be trying to compensate for.

And, although Guy has a nigh-good heart, he is too much a jackass to do things according to the rules and standards he believes makes heroes ineffectual to actually not piss anyone on his team off, especially rage monster Red Hood. Guy has no elegance in approach, respect for others, or patience. This means with Ollie, Jason and Damien he contradicts in the very significant area that they require to be effectual, stealth; and because they are all so alike with negative personality traits, they would probably get into some sort of civil war.

Connor, although he has matured in some stories, is a philosophical and genetic mess with a bit too much resolve that he would concentrate on trying to fix the problems and destruction caused by his team that he would really be too busy lifting falling buildings and saving citizens, who are weak of mind, to actually guide the work effort (to prevent the goings-wrongs being committed every next second, everywhere).

Because Damien is relatively uncompromising like his father, because Bruce essentially reverse brain-washes him, Damien would have a hard time with Jason’s “easiest path to success” tactics involving bullets making contact with skulls in every direction.

Guy Gardner, who has a problem keeping a clean work space when going up against high-threat enemies, would make earthquakes, sending citizens scurrying, and would go off doing things “his own way” because the team can’t settle on who should be the leader. He would probably get himself into a ton of accidental predicaments (like trying to save people he himself dropped a building on). Connor would show up to help, but Guy would just abandon the problem leaving it to Connor, because “someone else is handling it” logic," that Guy would just go cause another. Connor would probably get so fed up that we would wind up with an unconscious Green Lantern, and a Connor Kent that has regressed to his old nature: lots of property damage and no concern for people who just put themselves in the wrong places at the wrong times.

With the correct threat for this team, this would be a day or a set of days where a lot of people would die–unless of course others heroes aren’t too busy to intervene.

As the team is largely red and green, I think we could refer to them as The Christmas Massacre. But they’d probably pick some boring name if they did it themselves, like Mostly Green Machine.

If I named them I would pick something punny like The League of Extraordinarily Ungentleman. Either that or The Macy’s Day Parody Saviors.

3 Likes

Oh wow, @Pikalicious! This is certainly very well-thought-out. Thank you so much for sharing this terrible team with us. It’s certainly one that I could see falling apart very fast! I think you captured the dysfunction perfectly when you point out everyone on this doomed team has pretty substantial egos, as well. Their pride would see them butting heads far more often than not.

1 Like

Maybe the Legion of Terrible Super-Heroes?

1 Like

Toxic Masculinity ™

1 Like

Here’s the villain team up, The Misfits:
Lead by Killer Moth
Orca
The Mime
Baby Doll
and King Tut

and here’s a hero team up, Booster and the [INSERT NAME HERE LATER] aka We Will Work for Food (and money!):
Booster Gold
The Heckler
Guy Gardner (sorry guy ilu -C)
Damage (the Grant Emerson one)
Robotman

And The Vertigo Corner (sponsored by Neil Gaiman):
Lead by John Constantine
Swamp Thing
V (from V for Vendetta)
Rorschach
Morpheus (he came back to life, but lost his powers and his siblings won’t call him back)

-The Moth Family

1 Like

You are a genius - B

1 Like