Build the WORST team ever!

I think we can all agree, DC has had some truly amazing pair-ups over the years. As a performer, I can attest that having two beloved acts on stage can lead to some unforgettably iconic moments. I can also say that the only thing that an audience loves more than a great team, is a terrible one.

So, dig deep into the Justice League roster and find 5 independently awesome heroes whose team is far, far less than the sum of its parts.

What is the worst team-up that you can imagine?

4 Likes

Okay, 5 JLers so bad together, they’re bound to win:

Big Sir
Maxima
Plastic Man
Gypsy
Crimson Fox

1 Like

Superman
Deathstroke
Star Saffire
Damien Wayne
Dex-Starr
Solomon Grundy
Giganta

2 Likes

THE RETCON RANGERS! Who are these mysterious masked heroes? Nobody knows! Not because they guard their secret identities so well, but because it keeps changing and getting even more complicated! And because they’re on a team together now, they’ll probably get some convoluted meta-origin trying to connect all of them on top of everything!

• Hawkman
  • Also Hawkman, but maybe also not?
  • Hawkwoman and/or Hawkgirl, depending. One of them, anyway. I think?
  • Donna Troy, if that is her real name (I think it isn’t???).
  • And let’s say Brainiac-Five for the sake of argument, because it would just be rude to have a retcon party and not invite the Legion.
10 Likes

Don’t forget Power-Girl.

2 Likes

You raise a compelling point.

1 Like

Max?

Well, we were limited to five characters, so I tried to concentrate on ones that have had an excessively complicated series of retcons instead one really dumb one.

Black Canary probably would’ve been my next choice if I had six characters to play with.

Team that would be too busy trying to out One-Liner each other to fight any bad guys:

Nightwing
Booster Gold
The Flash (Barry)
Guy Gardner
Plastic Man

6 Likes

The more I thought about it, I felt I could at least make a team that would have the worst breakdown in communication:

Gnaark
Man-Bat
Jericho
Etrigan
Bizarro

A few of these are more bad guys than good guys, but I’m sure the right writer could find a reason to bring this motley crew together :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Booster Gold
Beast Boy
Retired Man! (from Legends of the Superheroes on the app)
Bat-mite
and … A random citizen like you or me! (or maybe Ambush bug)

2 Likes

Five heroes, eh? To make the worst possible team? There’s only one right answer…

11 Likes

White Feather of the Inferior 5.
Mercury of the Metal Men.
Guy Gardener of… does any team admit to him? Even the Lanterns have days when they don’t admit to him.
Vril Dox of L.E.G.I.O.N.
Infectious Lass of the Legion of Substitute Heroes

2 Likes

ROBOTMAN
THE CREEPER
ETRIGAN
BATMAN (Thomas Wayne)
VIXEN

1 Like

That’s extremely funny

3 Likes

So many terrible team-ups! :smiley: I’m loving everyone’s creativity.

If I could ask, which is more important to you when designing awful teams? Characters who have powers that don’t quite mesh, or personalities that would make them never get along?

2 Likes

The Powerful Warriors, who though very skilled might not survive one mission working together

1. Wildcat
    2 Huntress
    3Batmite
    4Damian Robin
    5Wonderwoman
2 Likes

Personalities for sure

2 Likes

Well, good teamwork would translate into any powers meshing together at some point, so personalities.

2 Likes

Green Arrow, Ollie doesn’t deal well with authority so we make him the leader.
Jonah Hex, a loner who doesn’t work well with others and a former Confederate soldier. Ollie is never going to stop bringing that up.
Lobo is only there because he’s getting paid. What happens when the money runs out.
Deadman, the fun part of this one would be that they know he’s part of the team they just never no when he’s their or who he is at the moment. (Possession)
Red Hood, would be an excellent member it’s just no one would trust him.

3 Likes