BREAKING!! The new Batman for Matt Reeves' Film Is...

Ok he has been in great movies ( not twilight) he is a great actor but I think we need a more built Batman. If he was going to be in the DCU he should be NightWing. All in all Robert Pattinson is a meh Batman but I don’t really care unless it’s another blockbuster boy and not a great comic representation of what Batman is. Not just a rich guy with gadgets.

Ok he has been in great movies ( not twilight) he is a great actor but I think we need a more built Batman. If he was going to be in the DCU he should be NightWing. All in all Robert Pattinson is a meh Batman but I don’t really care unless it’s another blockbuster boy and not a great comic representation of what Batman is. Not just a rich guy with gadgets.

Honestly, I like the idea of Robert being Batman. Bulk him up, and he’s been working on his acting skills. Sign him to a 10 year contract, and that way he can do his movies, JL, and Justice League Dark movies, etc. Sky is the limit! DC>Marvel

2 Likes

To be honest I am excited for this because of the well known cast (I think they are not bad choices), and although DC movies don’t have the best rep, it will be cool to explore something different with this new movie.

@bugsandblaze78. Robert Pattinson is literally the only casting announced and as of this moment it isnt yet official. (Pattinson needs to read the script and it isnt finished, so no signing contracts yet). Any other casting is just rumors and fan speculation.
Even the characters are still rumors at this point, beyond Batman. Just catching you up to speed.

@Zombedy Yes I understand now, my mistake.

1 Like

So so sooooo under whelmed with the choice of Robert Patterson, Ben Affleck as Batman was a giant train wreck of a nightmare, the only saving grace is that the uniform and mask of Batman can semi conceal such terrible actors and one can pretend there is an awesome person behind the cape and cowl. Neither of these actors are " action " actors, it isn’t that Robert Patterson was a vampire actor, but an actor that pandered to teen girls, and Ben Affleck was a just a train wreck from the word go. These geniuses who cast for super heros, need to stop picking known actors and give us someone fresh. Because if Robert Patterson is a genius choice, then Andrew Lincoln would of been better, or Norman Reedus , or Simon Pegg, or Stallone . Trying to break actors into action films where they are not strong at, is just poor casting. An then taking weak action actors and trying to elevate them like they tried with Ben affleck was stupid too.

This movie is going to be mediocre at best, Thankfully, hollywood has not found a way to destroy comic books themeselves. though i am sure they are eager to try.