Breaking Swamp Thing Original Series News!

rubs hands together I am so excited to talk Swamp Thing, any piece of information gives me goosebumps! Please welcome to the cast… Jennifer Beals as Sheriff Lucilia Cable!

“Cable?!” You might exclaim, as I just did. Yes, Jennifer Beals is playing Matt Cable’s mom, and yes, she is an entirely original character. I can’t wait to see how the creators fold the police force into this series! Is there a noir vibe being added to the delicious horror themes? Is anyone else out there as excited for Swamp Thing as I am?

17 Likes

Swamp Thing Is the show I am most excited for

3 Likes

I’m excited for it but I’m more excited for doom patrol and Harley Quinn show

2 Likes

Definetly anticipating Swamp Thing The most!

1 Like

I honestly don’t know I was excited for it, until I raff the news report on the casting and writing and directing! I’m not gonna try and flex like I know a thing about swamp thing. Anything I really know is from the old Justice League cartoon or from the Injustice 2 game. So @Applejack you got any recs on reads I should brush up on? And @Redhood are those both live action? (Ps my old @name was @Matt_Worthy, finally thought of a character to choose that wasn’t taken or over played :hugs::sunglasses:)

I :heart: Jennifer! She’s so good. I can’t wait for some DC horror. Hopefully we’ll get more news at NYCC.

2 Likes

Gawdspeed I too am fairly new to Swamp Thing. I wanted to find a character to dive into (Batman, Superman, etc just seems so hard). Swamp Thing is relatively straight forward. It seems to be unanimous that Alan Moore’s run on ST is a fantastic starting point. I’m not gonna argue, it’s phenomenal. That’ll give you 44 issues of swampy goodness! Hope that helps.

1 Like

This show had me at “produced by James Wan”.

1 Like

@Beatlebum oh hell yeah! I’m stoked to check it out. So much to research right now!

So Swamp thing is more of a sci fi or more of crime mystery series? I’m not sure what vibe it’s gonna have I’m still at work today so I haven’t read anything but the boards

1 Like

@Gawdspeed Yeah, elements of sci-fi and horror. Crazy different compared to the big three! It’s an amazing rabbit hole to go down.

1 Like

@Gawdspeed You can check out the first appearance of ST in House Of Secrets #92, which you can read here on the DCU. That’ll give you a taste of what it’s like. Additional reading suggestions would be issues #1-13 written by ST creator Len Wein and as previously mentioned the Alan Moore collections Vol. 1-6. Hope that helps!

1 Like

The casting on the DCU shows is KILLER. Somebody deserves a raise.

3 Likes

Man When I found out about Swamp Thing I was super excited!!

I’m totally excited for this!!! I’m all so hoping :crossed_fingers:t2:that with this show they could possibly bring back the Constantine tv show and possible create a dark jla? All though I don’t think it’s 100% influential, but maybe throwing the swamp thing movie on here to would be awesome as well :wink:

This is going to be horrifically swamp-tastic!

HEY!! @DC_Applejack has a photo finally!!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:"Impressive, very nice" - Bale

vqGeMsr.gif

I can’t wait to see the new series but will you put the 90`s swamp thing on

I am going to love this. If only Matt Ryan were to at least cameo in this.

1 Like

I have got to read the “Alan Moore” run that’s currently on DCU.

Dear DC: please don’t fuck this up.

1 Like