Books and Documentaries About the History and Analysis of DC Comics

Wow, I’ve delved into this story a few years back. I believe it was his granddaughter that legally had with Bill Finger officially added to Batman’s byline back in ? 2015. Did not know they had a documentary. So watching it. Great share Turok!

1 Like

With Bill Finger

Appeared first with Gotham
Then Batman v Superman

2 Likes

The ones I own. The everything u need to know one was extremely novice level. Speaking of. The only one idk was what strange substance turns Superman’s head into an ant head? If anyone knows it’s bugged me since I’ve read it. I’ve read comics with him in that form but I couldn’t find why?

2 Likes

That’s crazy u posted that. I was going to create a post asking if anyone had ever watched that, while I was posting on here. I watched it on fire stick a while back.

1 Like

I think those types of books are important though. One they’re a good entry point for some fans, but even for long-time deep dive fans, they provide beautiful artwork and quick reliable resources.

4 Likes

True. Plus there’s only one book idk everything in. The yellow book. Idk what strange substance makes Supes grow an ant head. The others I’m still not thru. Tons of stuff I learned. Like the majors, yeah. Heights, weights no. That’s why I love those. To your last point the art is incredible.

2 Likes

Worded that wrong. There’s only one book I do know everything but 1 thing in. The other 2 tons I didn’t know or haven’t got to yet. Which I’m sure will be tons more idk.

2 Likes

From 1985… Fifty Who Made DC Great. The comic book special was published to coincide with DC’s golden anniversary, and it contained profiles of 50 creators and companies who helped make the company, um, great!

3 Likes

This was a really neat book!

1 Like

Sucks he turned out to be such a creep, because that book is pretty tight

1 Like

Added to list above

1 Like

Added to wiki

1 Like

Added to list

1 Like

Also added JMS’ autobiography which has been discussed before here.

1 Like

Neat. I just got a badge for editing the wiki.

3 Likes

I think you added Batman Visual and the Vault? Also, I think at least the latest generation of the DK books should all be on here, they fill an important role.

1 Like

Just put ‘earn a badge’ in the intro

2 Likes

Yeppers, those were my adds.

2 Likes

Hello @TurokSonOfStone1950 , Are there any books or documentaries about the history of DC comics that explain well about what ages the Superman and Batman comics were initially aimed towards? I want to confirm my theory to see if its true so I need more sources to get my evidence and information from, as I have been researching this topic for a while now.

I don’t know any

It just is not discussed.