Blue Beetle Debut Trailer--Official Discussion Thread

The set photos of the costume looked great BUT I was worried the face would be stoic BUTTTT they nailed the personality between the yellow pupils, his eyebrows being expressive and you can see his jaw moving as he speaks (in space scene).

BBBB2

9 Likes

Good thing they didn’t go for the open mouth, like Injustice 2 lol. That was a bit weird.

7 Likes

okay actually yeah this looks good. I just watched it again on a bigger screen and I’m in. Textures/shaders, post effects all look great. I love the eyes. Scientist in me wants to pick at the atmosphere and a few other things but that’s trying to find something to complain about if yeah want. Really love the last scene where it’s like make anything you want. That part just like with 3d modeling is just like Lex in SvB “Yes…Yes I would like to take control” when he is talking to the kryptonian ship LOL.

8 Likes

yeah I love the bus scene it’s a more friendly version of the Invincible scene.

6 Likes

Knowing me, if I was making this movie I would’ve made that transformation scene more disturbing. I know that every time Jaime transforms in the comics, it hurts him. So instead, of making that scene more comedic as presented in the trailer, I would tone down the colors (Not like Snyder’s tones) in the room, have the members of the family look at the scene in horror. The scarab’s movements making the suit are more dramatic and a bit slower. It makes the transformation a very dark, creepy moment. Could’ve made the film have a more mature vibe. That’s just me though lol

6 Likes

tumblr_ntag0b4cDg1ucxtamo1_400

(i’d also like to point out, for Ambush Bug’s massive fanbase, that Jaime and Ambush Bug are brothers, as bugs, as sons of Keith Giffen, and as nose-not-havers.)

5 Likes

They should do a crossover with Jaime’s fellow Latin/Texan superhero compadre.

4 Likes

The trailer mentions Batman so it could be connected to the James gunn DCU because it never says which Batman it is. And Also I loved the trailer the suit looks incredible.

I’m also happy they’re making an original movie because most superhero movies this year are just sequels like Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, Guardians 3, the Marvels is a sequel to captain marvel, and Quantumania.

3 Likes

It does actually

2 Likes

I hate that about superhero movies when they make this keep your identity a secret thing it gets annoying after seeing it in 40 movies

4 Likes

Yeah I never liked that I like how his mask jaw moves

2 Likes

here’s my theory

bman

vxd09gdypyj21

George Lopez is playing Green Arrow

8 Likes

his reaction when he is cutting the bus in half is great and whole part at the end with the sword is just the best. I was trying to not get my hopes up for this but I could really use a good up beat tech hero film right about now. I love tech.

6 Likes

Not gonna lie–I LOVE this theory.

5 Likes

This trailer was everything I wanted!!!

3 Likes

the one thing that hurt the trailer to me is calling Batman a fascist

3 Likes

Still can’t believe we are actually getting Blue Beetle in live action. The suit looks amazing, I don’t think I’ve ever been excited to see George Lopez in a movie but I am now, and LOVE the Dan Garrett and Ted Kord suits + the Bug.

3 Likes

The Bug? You mean the Scarab?

biff_powDoom Patrol Club

here’s my theory

bman

vxd09gdypyj21

George Lopez is playing Green Arrow
maybe I don’t like how all the youtube videos make it seem like hima said it instead of his uncle also its still not as bad as when they had knightwing say f### batman the titans trailer I didn’t watch that show ether

3 Likes

I’ve been a fan of the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle since Day One when he first appeared in Infinite Crisis (for those curious, IC #3 features Jaime’s first appearance, while #5 has his FA as BB), and I’ll be at the theater for his inaugural big screen adventure on its Day One as well, as the movie looks great.

SN: I love that comics have been highlighted at the end of recent trailers.

Let’s keep that trend going, WBP and DC. :+1:t2:

4 Likes