Black Superhero Trivia

For my first meeting as head of my school’s comic book club, I want to make a kahoot about Black superheroes! Tell me some trivia about your favorites so I can make questions! Or if you have ideas for questions, let me know!

8 Likes

cool will come here woth ideas

5 Likes

Is it strictly DC?

5 Likes

Who was the first Batwing?

a) David Zavimbe (correct)
b) John Stewart
c) Luke Fox
d) Jefferson Pierce

5 Likes

nope

4 Likes

Of the following, who was the first Black superhero?

a) Black Lightning
b) Black Panther (Correct)
c) John Stewart
d) Aqualad (Jackson Hyde)

5 Likes

Which comic publishing company launched in 1993 with an all Black creative team telling stories about all Black heroes?

6 Likes

In an (arguably misguided) effort to make Black Lightning a white stereotype instead of a black stereotype, he is canonically a member of what music and television fandoms?

He’s a Deadhead and a Trekkie.

5 Likes

Depends on knowledge level of your club.

What movie based on a Marvel comic, starring a black lead, was directed by Steven Spielberg?

Men In Black. No really. Look it up

Shaquille O’Neal played which DC superhero in a live action movie?

Steel in movie of same name

What is the name of the chief of security at Arkham Asylum?

Aaron Cash

Who played both Green Lantern and Static?

Phil Lamarr

I realize this is a lot of based on comics. I got more but again, it depends on level and focus.

5 Likes

Is he really?!

1 Like

You’re gonna be surprised but one of the first Black superheroes was scrapped by DC.

Meet Jericho.

Yep before their was a son of Deathstroke, the early years of Titans with kid flash, Speedy, Robin, and Wonder girl, they’re was going to be a black hero who had been fighting crime through pacifist endeavors to prevent his community and his brother from getting pulled into it.

Editorial was the reason why this character was forgotten, but John Ridley brought back this character and his significance in other history of the DC universe

Let’s not forget Jericho. He was so close to become real.

5 Likes

He is indeed. When he moved to Gotham, the only decór we see him put up (other than a photo with his ex) is the framed Grateful Dead poster. (And in tracking this down, I just noticed for the first time that the umbrella stand / trash bin seems to have Jerry Garcia’s face on it, with suspiciously “GD” branded skies resting in it.)

4 Likes

Oh my god thats awesome!

5 Likes

Kahoot! Memories…

3 Likes

Teen Titans member Mal Duncan has gone by three aliases as a superhero: Guardian, Hornblower, and Herald. Can anyone name the comic book issues and series where each of those identities premiered?

2 Likes

I just did to refresh my memory. It was not directed by Steven Spielberg. He was an Executive Producer. Barry Sonnenfeld directed it. Got to give him proper credit.

4 Likes

Ah, my mistake. Sorry about that.

4 Likes

Well, since nobody else has answered, I’ll take a stab at it. I think you missed one alias, too… but here it goes:

The Guardian:

Teen Titans (1966-) #44 (Nov 1976, six years after joining the team as “just Mal”)

The Hornblower

Teen Titans (1966-) #45 (Dec 1976, though its really used more as a subtitle than a codename; he’s still “Mal” alongside “Speedy” and “Robin” - its formalized as more of an alias when he gets a costume in issue 44, which he promptly discards to go back to Guardian because … spoilery reasons.)

The Herald

The New Titans #56 (Jun 1989, in the form of a flashback)

Vox

Teen Titans (2003-) #35 (May 2006, though he’s not identified by name until issue 36)

2 Likes

Thank you for answering the question. I was seriously considering just giving out the answer. Also, I’m such a dork, I genuinely forgot about Vox. Although It’s not my favorite identity of Mal, it deserves to be mentioned. Appreciate the info. :+1:

2 Likes

Haha, no problem. I reread a bunch of the 70s run to nail these down (I swore he also went by The New Guardian somewhere in there, but that seems to be a lie. Or just a colloquialism to differentiate him from Jim Harper and clones.)

Now I need to go back to 1966 and start from the beginning, because I forgot how awesome (and at times cringey) they can be. I especially love Mal giving Duela lip about trying to take his place as the “persecuted Titan.” And the hilarity of the Aquarian Commune (The Brave and the Bold (1955-) #102) kids and Batman sending the Titans as “Generation Gappers” to rap some straight jive with their fellow teens… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes