Black Canary: Ignite

Have you read Harley Quinn breaking glass yet?

2 Likes

I have not. It is on my list of books to get.

2 Likes

The new Victor & Nra books looks lovely, too.

1 Like

I just saw that. I haven’t really read anything about them before, but that book looks really interesting.

This is my favorite Black Canary story in a really, really long time. It honors the classic origin of Dinah Laurel Lance (the daughter) as the Dollar Comics reprint of her origin showed beautifully, and also sneaks in references to all the pieces of her training, from Wildcat, to her mother and father, and also honors the recent Black Canary band story in DCYou. The art was really delightful, and Cabot’s voices for the characters were nicely layered - not relying too much on overly expected types.

2 Likes

That was my favorite part about this story; how it combines that much Black Canary history into this one story and makes it flow naturally. The story never feels bloated. The new characters are also really fun. Even the flower shop is included. Really great story.

2 Likes

Exactly! It felt very much like the team involved really love the bits of Black Canary history, and including it as a rich textured world, not just Easter Eggs.

2 Likes

That part! Easter Eggs are fun, but they don’t always enrich a story. This way of including Dinah’s history, while putting their own spin on it, made the story one of Dinah’s best.

2 Likes