Black Canary: Ignite

Who is reading Black Canary: Ignite? I just bought it and am excited to read it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Looks great! How are you linking it, howā€™s the art? Iā€™ll have to pick it up soon. Iā€™m loving these new graphic novels DC is doing.

2 Likes

I might be a little biased because you give me anything Black Canary and Iā€™m most likely going to love it.

I like the art. Itā€™s got kind of an Archie/BOOM Studios kind of vibe. I love that Black Canary is in a band like in the New 52.

3 Likes

I personally cannot wait to read this! I picked it up last week and itā€™s on the top of my (much too big) ā€˜to readā€™ pile.

2 Likes

Well, hereā€™s the story. I saw this, and I saw Harley Quinn: breaking glass. Can you guess?

Honestly this is one of the best graphic novels Iā€™ve ever read!

4 Likes

Iā€™m only a few pages in on Ignite, but itā€™s quite good so far. The art has a nice pop to it.

1 Like

Finished reading this on Sunday and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the nods given to previous Black Canary continuity and a certain Emerald Archer. I also really like this Larry Lance.

1 Like

I fully support DC doing these OGNs, always down for new takes on characters. But personally, Iā€™m mixed on them. I loved the Harley one, mostly liked the Catwoman one, and couldnā€™t finish the Raven one.

The art on this Black Canary looks great though.

1 Like

Mera: Tidebreaker remains my favorite of the Zoom and Ink titles so far.

I wanted to like the first Super Sons OGN, but I didnā€™t. The art was fine, but I wasnā€™t too into the story. ā€œIanā€ does serve as an interesting nickname for Damian, however.

Iā€™m a bit behind on Ignite, but Iā€™m still enjoying it quite a bit.

1 Like

I havenā€™t read any of the other books. The Mera one looked good. I just donā€™t know if Iā€™d be willing to pay that much for something Iā€™m most likely going to only read once.

@Vroom I like the commentary in Black Canary: Ignite. I couldnā€™t put the book down once the story got going.

1 Like

@nu52 All of the Zoom and Ink books are available on Hoopla for free. Itā€™s a great way to try something before you buy it.

None of the libraries near me are on Hoopla, unfortunately.

Did you make a valiant effort to bribe them into the Hoopla fold?

I meanā€¦did you ask nicely if theyā€™d join Hoopla? Yeah, I meant that. :wink:

These books look great. Definitely on my todo list.

1 Like

I enjoyed the story too. I would buy a sequel to it. As for the art, it is for children/middle school kids. I didnā€™t think it was sloppy, just deliberately stylized.

4 Likes

I have just finished Black Canary: Ignite. I will echo that I didnā€™t enjoy the art style but I am not the target audience for this book. The art reminded me of many current cartoons, so this has specific demographic in mind. The story was a lot of fun and kept me interested throughout the entire book. This is the second YA graphic novel I have read and am enjoying this line a lot more than a 37 year old should.

1 Like

These stories have really surpassed my expectations. You get new elements, but they also respect the history and the characters. Theyā€™re a lot of fun and itā€™s nice getting an entire cohesive story without having to wait for the trade or stories being stretched for a trade.

Iā€™m hoping this book gets a sequel.

2 Likes

This was really good but I think The Oracle Code was a little better. Being a huge Birds of Prey fan, it only made sense for the Black Canary book to be next. I will be picking more of these up whenever I can.

1 Like

I still havenā€™t read Oracleā€™s book. Theyā€™re starting to backup since I keep taking my time with them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I stayed up way too late reading The Oracle Code last night. I read Ignite pretty fast but it is on my shelf which means a second reading will happen at some point, especially if there is a second book.

1 Like