BigBlock - The Atom - WIP

Ok Fam, I wanted to try my hand at The Atom.
I had an image in my head where he was helping Clark Kent with a writing assignment. :rofl::rofl:
I know, I know, my storytelling is as cheesy as my drawing.
@Vroom , it’s not a blank piece of paper, but I tried. :rofl:

I actually thought this one would be easy, since I wasn’t drawing any skyscrapers with a million windows, or lizard scales, or vines and trees like so many of my other drawings………but dang, trying to draw a decent copper penny… nearly wore me out! :face_with_peeking_eye:

What do y’all think Fam?

11 Likes

Al Pratt looks weird.

5 Likes

:pensive:

Yeah. It sucks, I know

5 Likes

This looks really good!

10 Likes

Really?:face_holding_back_tears:

10 Likes

Why is his penny on the ground? Pennies are supposed to stand up and decorate

8 Likes

Lol. I was going for a desktop scene.
Oh well. Next time I’ll try to do a giant Bat-cave penny​:hugs:

10 Likes

Yes really. It looks amazing.

10 Likes

I think this is one of your best. The Atom looks great. And you did a fantastic job on the pencil.

9 Likes

Awe. Thanks so much. :hugs::face_holding_back_tears::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.
I never knew drawing small scale was so hard. :face_with_peeking_eye:

9 Likes

Looks great!

8 Likes

This is a art of the year! This is now my all time favorite you’ve made, I love it, it’s so amazing to see Atom in small size with all the stuff around him this big! This is definitely a poster size picture! :smiley:

9 Likes

Thank you so much​:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::face_holding_back_tears:

I know it doesn’t look like it, but I worked my tail off on trying to draw a simple penny. :triumph::roll_eyes::rofl:

9 Likes

And what’s wrong with cheese other than it’s association with farting? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:Seriously though that may be one of your best dude. Glad I found where you’ve been. Miss you at the Super Suit Polls. Also thanks for sharing all the layers that go into one of your pieces. Really shows how much you put into it and thanks again. :smiley:

9 Likes

Hands down the best one yet

8 Likes

Very awesome™:+1:
The sizes are great and cool with the legends outfit.

8 Likes

Tried? You call that trying?

Forget “tried”, you have succeeded my friend, as that is ART!
:clap:t2: :heart_eyes: :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:

On my best day, I couldn’t produce a drawing like that. I’m not a visual artist to start with, so there’s that, but still, the best thing I’ve ever drawn pales in comparison to Mr. Palmer as seen above.

“Tried”…this guy. :smiley: That’s like saying Michelangelo tried to do a good job on the Sistine Chapel after he doodled a sketch of it on a napkin from the Ninja Turtles’ fav pizza joint.

@bigblock66 My uber-talented friend, I appreciate your humility, but you simply MUST realize how insanely-talented you are. Its okay to pat yourself on the back a bit. Go ahead, pat your artistic self on the back.

Block pats himself on the back and says “Hey, that is nice.”

I told you. :wink: Its okay to realize that you have talent (within reason of course), because again, you DO have talent and then some.

Keep up the GREAT work, my friend. I simply cannot wait to see what you do next, as I’m sure it will be choice and then some.

8 Likes

Oh….you all are way too kind. :hugs:

Thank you so much everyone!
That means alot, it teally does. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Last night I started my next one, Booster Gold. :disguised_face:

7 Likes

My stars and garters (speaking of, any interest in X-Men’s Beast?)! I simply cannot wait to see your rendition of Mr. Carter.

…

Is it done, yet?

No?

…

How about now?

Myself and this lovely lady (Blair Butler, host of the Fresh Ink segment on Attack of the Show, during the mid to late '00s)…

…will be waiting with baited breath for your Booster. :00_booster_gold:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting close to being done with Booster.
Maybe either today or tomorrow, maybe

I’d love to give Beast a try, but that will take some serious time because of the amount of hair! :rofl:

But I will get to him eventually :sunglasses:

4 Likes