Best Way to Read

I might try that. I would love to support the store because everyone there is so kind. One of the workers has a pet bird named Gizmo.

4 Likes

It’s not a small store by any means of the word, Wal-Mart has 100 page giant issues for sale and they are reasonably priced.

4 Likes

What the poop. What kinda work did you do?

3 Likes

It was a rubber factory. Pretty on the nose for Akron. It’s the rubber capital of the U.S First & last time for that line of work for me. On top of terrible treatment. It was also 11hr shifts 6 days a week. So physically & mentally hard. I never expected a manual labor job to require so much intelligence. I’m ok with thinking as hard as possible every day, & hard manual labor. Not both with absolutely no life. Sunday’s, all I did was sleep. So it was really like, no days off.

3 Likes

ELEVEN HOURS! That is insane! And for your boss to have you do it six days a week. That is just inconsiderate.

2 Likes

Wow, that is terrible. I used to do IT consulting and had a month where we took no days off because of deadlines and poor management. I cannot imagine that happening ALL THE DAMN TIME. As for your car, is it completely dead or just in need of a big repair?

2 Likes

I won’t get into a whole bunch. Inconsiderate is a perfect summarization. My dad had a heart attack & was literally fighting for his life. I took 2 days off & they charged me for them. 10pts & you’re fired. Then I cut my finger almost to the bone, 11 stitches on 1 finger. They sent me home & wouldn’t let me return until it healed. Charged me for those days & it was them who did it. I protested thru my union &. they refused to give me any points back. After that. I just let them point me out. Clocking in 1 min late or out 1 min early was a point. Regardless of any circumstances, missing work or being late (no matter what) was a point. I waited at the time clock & purposely clocked in 1 minute late so that way I wasn’t fired or I didn’t quit. The way they come off is a year later on the day u got the point. If you didn’t have a point between then, it came off. With my anxiety I couldn’t deal with a traffic jam etc. possibly & probably happening b4 a year went by to erase 1 point.

2 Likes

That is pathetically insane.

2 Likes

Completely dead & in the scrapyard. $200 for a car I’d only owned for 3yrs. Transmission went, ballgame over.

1 Like

Thank u. If only they used the same rationality I’d still be employed making good money.

2 Likes

Dang. I just realized we’re not in the lounge.

Hey, if you don’t just have to have a physical copy, reading digitally is the way to go. Instant gratification.

3 Likes

Words cannot describe how terrible that is.

2 Likes

Thank u for empathizing. Even worse, my sisters were very upset I only took off 2 days & rightfully so. Then when the union refused to overturn any of my points. I said, I told ya’. They (as well as me) refused to believe they would discipline me for taking 2 days off & thought I should’ve taken more. I knew how they were tho. Oh well, glad I’m out of there & not breaking my back to make people like that even more wealthy.

2 Likes

Good thing.

2 Likes