Best Superhero Music

The Batman 1989 theme

2 Likes

Frederik Weidmann’s theme for GLTAS is another winner. It fits GL like a glove.

1 Like

Batman Beyond opening credits

I just want to go off the beaten path a bit and mention Christopher Drake. He did fantastic work on Arkham Origins, melding Christmas melodies with Batman music. He also did The Dark Knight Returns soundtrack, which incorporated some very appropriate synthesized sounds to the score. He did Injustice 2 as well, which I wasn’t as impressed with but was still pretty good.

4 Likes

Dark knight trilogy music. Zimmer is the best.

2 Likes

I liked the music from Wonder Woman

The music in the Trafalgar Square, near the end, is haunting, as we see Diana, almost crying, looking at the dashing photo of Steve Trevor standing along side his plane, forever young like she will always be.

1 Like

I have to say a lot of these I agree with. But the Arkham game definitely had a great soundtrack. With the holiday themes in Arkham origins and even in Arkham knight. Even when they use some classic themes as well.

2 Likes

I really love the whole score to man of steel. As much as I love the original superman theme, theres really no way it would’ve fit with this new more modern version of superman (which is why I was upset when elfman replaced zimmer’s theme with it. Just didnt make much sense.) Its heroic and bombastic, but also somber and emotional when it needs to be. It’s one of the only movie soundtracks I go back to on a daily basis.