Best Superhero Music

What is the best music related to a DC property? The Titans OST is pretty great btw. I actually first heard the Superman theme on Seinfeld! Now it’s impossible for me to take seriously.

2 Likes

For me, it’s a three-way tie between the Fleischer Studios Superman theme, the John Williams Superman theme, and the Danny Elfman Batman theme.

4 Likes

I agree with AlexanderKnox’s picks, but I’ll throw the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited Themes on the pile too.

One question, though: What do you like about the Titans theme? This is going to sound really immature, but it honestly, legitimately reminds me of farting. Now for intentional immaturity: It was therefore the most entertaining thing in the entire show.

3 Likes

Batman Beyond Theme, hands down. Not even close. It’s concise and sets the tone very specifically.

4 Likes

The John Williams Superman is #1 for me and always be. Jerry Goldsmith’s Supergirl theme is great too.

Benjamin Wallfisch’s theme for Shazam! is a modern classic.

4 Likes

@Batjamags I’ll give you that. But the other music on the show is fun and I think, kind of cool.

Also: Do you think anyone on here thinks we’re the same person with 2 accounts?

@DeSade OMG! I totally forgot Batman Beyond (so weird of course I’ve been watching it recently) but yes. Kid to today, it’s always been the coolest opening ever. They could teach classes on that.

1 Like

Not trying to break the thread, but to hear the theme for the 90s “X-Men” animated series is to remember it forever.

That isn’t a bad thing.

3 Likes

@old not breaking anything

@old not breaking anything

To add another to the mix the opening theme from The Batman ( seasons 1 and 2) was pretty good as well. Danny Elfman’s score had to be my fave though

3 Likes

No contest, Terry has the best theme. The Batman beyond theme sounds like a powerman 5000 song, I Love it.

2 Likes

John Williams theme from Superman: The Movie is still my all-time favorite. As for TV themes: the 3rd season “disco” opening for Wonder Woman.

3 Likes

One of my all time favorites: the Batgirl theme, from BTAS. It’s equal parts heroism and exuberance.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBzhVEUbXuI

2 Likes

I almost want to say that the Superman: The Animated Series theme is better than John Williams’ Superman. I want to, but I won’t.

3 Likes

Another theme I really love is the surf rock laden theme of “The Batman” that plays in later seasons.

1 Like

Honestly, just about every superhero movie has a great soundtrack except for Justice League and Miss Marvel (I refuse to call Carol “Captain Marvel”, that name is reserved for Billy Batson and Mar-Vell).

3 Likes

I find myself humming the themes to the Filmation produced DC shows quite often, especially the themes to Aquaman, The New Adventures of Superman and The Adventures of Batman.

I don’t think they’re amongst the best, but my, are they catchy.

4 Likes

Shirley Walker’s theme for Nightwing from The New Batman Adventures is one of my favorite DCAU themes.

https://youtu.be/jGGbM9sNdYQ

2 Likes

Man of Steel ost

3 Likes