Best Rogues Gallery

Among the things that makes a superhero memorable are the supervillains they regularly fight. Would Batman be quite as popular if he fought only ordinary criminals? Would anyone care about The Flash if he just fought standard bank robbers and pickpockets. I then thought I would ask which superhero you think has the best rogue’s gallery. Which hero has the best set of enemies? BTW, if there is a hero whose rogue’s gallery you particularly like that I didn’t mention, please mention them in a comment!

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Captain Marvel/Shazam
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

0 voters

6 Likes
  1. Batman
  2. The Flash
  3. Superman

Villains/Rogues are great because they are what make a story happen. The heroes just react to what they do.

5 Likes

Green Lantern (Alan)- Grundy, Icicle, Brainwave, The Gambler, Vandal Savage, and Obsidian.

5 Likes

Honestly, I have to mention Swamp Thing’s enemies. Namely, Jason Woodrue AKA Floronic Man. He was just stellar in the Saga of The Swamp Thing when he first appeared. His lines gave me shivers… you can’t help but feel for his struggles and also seeing how deranged the world and his experiences have made him just makes you want to cry :sob:

5 Likes

Batman and Flash ties for me, with Superman close in the running.
I definitely agree that the villains can help make the hero.

5 Likes

Of the options, I picked GL, but my favorite has to be Hitman’s Rogues Gallery

2 Likes