Best of the Decade!

@Super-Squirrel’s post for “Best DC of the Decade (TV edition)” inspired me to ask for your votes for superlatives of the 2010s!

As the 2010s end and we enter a new decade in less than a month (gasp!), I want to know your favorites, the bests, the worsts and what was most memorable from DC in the last ten years.

DC fans have gone through a lot what with the decade beginning with the infamous Green Lantern film and the end of Smallville, to now ending with the Joker film and arrowverse’s Crisis on Infinite Earths. Amazing comics have come from video games (Injustice!) and a new DC animated movie universe (DCAMU) was born. In 2010 I became a teenager and through the decade, I fell in love with DC. DC is rich with diverse characters, addicting stories and amazing storytelling mediums. Join in on sharing your highlights of the decade!

Here’s how it’ll work:
Write in your response for each category, like the responses you agree with so we can see on New Years how popular each response was. Think about topics you’d like to add and message me the category and I’ll edit this post. Keep checking in to see what’s new, add your response and find others with your same thoughts! The only real rule is that all responses must have come out in the 2010s.

Categories:

1. Best live action movie

2. Best animated movie

3. Favorite director

4. Favorite comic series

5. Jawdropping moment in comics (ie. most satisfying surprise)

6. Best adaptation of a comic

7. Best original character for a tv show (live action or animated)

8. What character embodies the 2010s?

9. TV show you were happiest to see a reboot/revival of?

10. Most heartbreaking moment in DC

11. Most uplifting moment in DC

12. Movie that embodied the best of DC

13. Marvel can’t compare to blank

14. Best fan moment the decade

15. Best cosplay

16. Favorite comic single issue

17. Best crossover

18. Best movie series (2+ connected movies)

1 Like
  1. Favorite comic series:
    Injustice: Gods Amongst Us
2 Likes
  1. Most heartbreaking moment
    Young Justice season 2 episode 20: when Wally “dies”
  1. What character embodies the 2010s
    Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow :bow_and_arrow:
3 Likes
  1. TV show you were happiest to see a reboot/revival of
    Young Justice
1 Like
  1. Movie that embodied the best of DC
    Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  1. Wonder Woman
2 Likes
  1. Batman:Gotham By Gaslight (although I’m probably alone on this one lol)
1 Like
  1. Patty Jenkins
2 Likes
  1. Watchmen
  1. Alfred gets killed (:cry:)

Kaldur’ahm (Aqualad/Aquaman) from Young Justice

3 Likes

Best Live Action Movie: Shazam! But I may just be saying that because of the venue, having gotten to see it on the Warner Bros. lot before its premiere with some of my fellow DCU members. Certainly of the greatest moments of the decade for me.

Best Animated Movie: A lot of animated movies came out this decade, many of them pretty good… but I have to go with Batman: Under the Red Hood, the definitive Jason Todd story.

Favorite Director: Junpei Mizusaki. Everything he did for Batman: Ninja was just so unique, and I love that we have this precious movie.

Favorite Comic Series: A just under the wire entry, but I think my favorite may be Batman: Creature of the Night. One of Busiek’s best, and a treatment to rival Superman: Secret Identity.

Jawdropping Moment in Comics: Action Comics #1005, the return of The Question!

Best Adaptation of a Comic: The award once again goes to Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Best Original Character for a TV Show: Gabrielle Dau, from Young Justice: Outsiders. Officially the best take on Halo we’ve ever seen.

What character embodies the 2010s?: JESSICA. CRUZ. A perfect encapsulation of millennial anxiety, and how the bravest thing you can do sometimes is to just keep getting out of bed.

TV Show you were happiest to see a revival of?: No contest — YOUNG JUSTICE. Its revival was the first and one of the best reasons to sign up for DCU.

Most heartbreaking moment: Heroes in Crisis. We were rooting for you, Wally! We were all rooting for you!

Most uplifting moment: DC Universe Rebirth. “How could I ever forget you?”

Movie that embodied the best of DC: Batman Ninja. Let’s get back to stunning, beautiful animation!

Marvel can’t compare to: JOKER’s return on investment.

Best fan moment of the decade: after years of campaigning, the announcement that Stephanie Brown would return in Batman Eternal.

Best Cosplay: Probably the Bombshells Black Adam I saw this year at #DCUHQ.

Favorite single comic issue: Another late one, but I’ve never recommended one comic this decade to more people than John Carpenter’s JOKER: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN.

1 Like
  1. The Dark Knight Rises
  2. Batman: Under the Red Hood
  3. Zack Snyder
  4. Injustice: Gods Among Us Year 2 (Though it’ll probably end up being Doomsday Clock if the ending is as phenomenal as the rest of the series)
  5. Batman finding the Comedian’s button in DC Universe: Rebirth #1
  6. The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 and 2
  7. Sara Lance
  8. Aquaman
  9. Young Justice
  10. Martin Stein’s death in Crisis on Earth-X
  11. Superman’s first flight in Man of Steel
  12. Wonder Woman
  13. DC Universe - sure, they may have Marvel Unlimited and Disney+, but neither of those services combine comics, original shows, an amazing community and a lot more all in one place
  14. Batkid
  15. I really can’t remember many of the cosplayers I see at cons, but there was a great Harleen Quinzel at an Arkham Knight launch party that sticks out
  16. DC Universe: Rebirth #1
1 Like

I don’t really like to use the term “best” when it comes to matters of personal taste, so here are my favorites:

1. Best live action movie: Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition
  2. Best animated movie: Death of Superman & Reign of the Supermen
  3. Favorite director: Zack Snyder
  4. Favorite comic series: Superman (2018-)
  5. Jawdropping moment in comics (ie. most satisfying surprise): Batman helping Superman escape his prison and then punching the World Forger in Justice League (2018-) #25
  6. Best adaptation of a comic: Death of Superman & Reign of the Supermen
  7. Best original character for a tv show (live action or animated): John Diggle
  8. What character embodies the 2010s: Superman (my default answer :joy:)
  9. Pass
  10. Most heartbreaking moment in DC: Superman succumbing to the anti-life equation virus and saying goodbye to his family before he turned (DCeased)
  11. Most uplifting moment in DC: Superman escaping his prison in Justice League (2018-) #25 (see #5 above).
  12. Movie that embodied the best of DC: Batman V Superman - Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition
  13. Marvel can’t compare to blank: The DC Trinity
  14. Best fan moment the decade: Introduction of the DCU community.
1 Like

Best Live Action Movie: Wonder Woman

Best Animated Movie: Batman the Dark Knight Returns

Favorite Director: Christopher Nolan

Favorite Comic Series: Tom King’s Batman

Jaw Dropping Moment: Superman Joining the Sinestro Corps (Injustice)

Best Adaptation of a Comic: Shazam

Best Original Character for a TV Show: Violet (Young Justice)

What Character Embodies the 2010s?: Detective Chimp

TV Show you were happiest to see revived: Young Justice

Most Heartbreaking Moment in DC: The death of Nightwing (Injustice)

Most Uplifting Moment in DC: Batman Proposing to Catwoman

Movie That Embodied the Best of DC: Joker

Marvel can’t Compare to Injustice (game/comic)

Best Fan Moment: Getting DC Universe

Best Cosplay: Anyone going as Batman beyond

Favorite Comic Single Issue: Batman (2016) 32

1 Like
  1. Best cosplay

@batsy3269’s Batman and Robin (Check out his post it’s amazing)

1 Like

@MissGsptlsnz thank you so much :blush: :batman_hv_1: