Best Live-Action Penguin

Gotham, once again. It was such a new and different version, and it worked so well.

Best live-action penguin

0 voters

9 Likes

Again, I have to vote Gotham. Such a great performance. Although Danny Devito was a pretty nasty character, I still think the Gotham Penguin was better.

7 Likes

I argue that Danny is the best because of the tragedy of his character. I’m a sucker for characters that are tragic and I feel that his story mixed with the design of Tim Burton win me over. However I will say Gotham Penguin is a more comic accurate, and I do like to see comic characters done justice.

9 Likes

Gotham Penguin has my least favorite design of all of them. But his performance and writing are honestly the best part of the show BY FAR. Seriously, his design is made completely inconsequential because Robin Lord Taylor is SO. GOOD.

6 Likes

Gotham’s was great for the young penguin and Return was a nice modern take on it but I like the good ol “wak”ing 66 penguin.

5 Likes

I am overall not a Penguin fan, but Batman Returns is one of my favorite live-action movies. DeVito for the win.
@Rip_Rubbler- It could be worse. At least his nose is not drooling blood.

6 Likes

Point taken.

5 Likes

I think Danny Devito has always been the perfect Penguin, next to Michael Keaton, Christian Bale, and Ben Affleck Batman, Anne Hathaway Catwoman, Margot Robbie Harley Quinn, Heath Ledger, Joaquin Phoenix and Jared Leto Joker, but I have always hoped that Colin Farrell’s Penguin in The Batman with Robert Pattinson Batman, Zoe Kravitz Catwoman, and Paul Dano Riddler, would be just as good and psychotic as Danny Devito Penguin.

4 Likes

Even though I love Danny DeVito, I have to say Robin Lord Taylor. I think he’s the most accurate Penguin in live action we got. I have high hopes for Colin Farrell though.

4 Likes

Actually, all three were great on different ways, but I went with 66 Penguin, seemed to be the one closest to the comics.Though, I did start reading after the show, so I assume, his portrayal was in the writers mind while using him.

5 Likes

Penguin would’ve never been popular if it hasn’t been for Burgess Meredith, he’s my all time favorite Penguin. :grinning:
Can’t wait to see Collin Ferrell playing him in the new Batman film.

6 Likes

Burgess Meredith is the all time champ!

5 Likes

Danny is pure comic book villain in Batman Returns. He fully committed to the role and it shows. The only other penguin I can think of that may rival him is Nolan North once again slapping us with that amazing voice work in the Arkham franchise. :penguin:

3 Likes

This is like choosing which (nonexistent) child I love the most.

3 Likes

All three options are good because they bring out different aspects of the Penguin, such as one being more campy, one being more sadistic, and one being downright nasty… I chose '66 because of the old comics feeling that his version was based of off, but the other two are also great.

2 Likes

YES!

4 Likes