Best Binge Comics

I’m going on a long plane ride soon and I’m looking for some good comics to binge. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Madame Xanadu perfect for binging.

4 Likes

I would suggest Injustice. There are a ton of them, they’re not plot heavy, and the story speeds along.

7 Likes

Geoff John’s run on Green Lantern

6 Likes

I have this series on a notepad as you have mentioned in my suggestion thread as well.

2 Likes

I read the Alan Moore run on Swamp Thing once a year and each time I never put it down. I would suggest Morrison’s Doom Patrol, O’Neil’s Question, and Grell’s Green Arrow. That last one is 80 issues worth.

4 Likes

Any of the year one stuff, although it’s not much of a “binge” necessarily.

2 Likes

If you like westerns, start with Jonah Hex and go from there to All-Star Western.

3 Likes

Take these three trades on the plane and you will not even notice the turbulence.
Batman: Year One
Daredevil: Born Again
Man of Steel (John Byrne).

3 Likes

The wild storm by ellis is on here, 19 issues. Hooked me in pretty good. Follow that up with some classic authority or vice versa

2 Likes

I agree with Swamp thing by Moore,and Morrison Doom Patrol, but I would recommend Batman’s New 52 run by Scott Snyder

Planerary

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/-/14c3993c-6198-4a37-9e8f-f3338b5d9590

2000 Comic Book Planetary Warren Ellis John Cassidy The book’s primary concern is unearthing the confluence of influences that led to the idea of The Superhero as our modern culture now knows it. From Doc Savage to James Bond; the Lone Ranger, Green Hornet and The Shadow; Tarzan, noir Private Eyes and Fu Man Chu; 1950’s Sci-Fi B-Movies, Godzilla and Hong Kong action flicks; Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern; early Marvel comics, and more predominately, the work of Jack Kirby; the re-inventive, post-modern 1980’s DC comics work from English writers like Moore, Grant Morrision, Peter Milligan and company; all the way back to 19th century superhero precursors like Sherlock Holmes, Dracula and Frankenstein - - Ellis and Cassaday leave no stone unturned when it comes to excavating the heart of the superhuman myth as it existed in the 20th Century and continues to exist to this day.

2 Likes

Liking the oldies for sure!

Hi! I might be late to the party for this, but anyway, here’s a couple of comics that once I picked up, I literally couldn’t put them down!

• Batman: Hush.
  • Blackest Night.
  • Red Robin.
  • Midnighter.
  • Geoff Johns’ Teen Titans (2003). Especially #34-#60!
  • Injustice.
  • Batman: The War of Jokes and Riddles.
  • Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War.
  • Nightwing (1996) #112-#117.
  • New 52 Shazam.
  • The Authority.
  • Midnighter and Apollo.

Midnighter, Midnighter and Apollo, The Authority (where Midnighter and Apollo are both from) are very good comics and some of the greatest characters ever that rarely get enough light. Red Robin is a bigger character, but still doesn’t get a lot of attention. His solo run as Red Robin is truly amazing!
Safe travels and remember, as Saint Walker says: All Will Be Well!

1 Like

A second recommendation for The Authority (1999-2002).

It’s perfect.

1 Like