Best Animated Movie About Superman

This poll is going to be about animated Superman movies. Pick your favorite, feel free to discuss in comments.

• Superman Last Son of Krypton
  • The Batman/Superman movie: World’s Finest
  • Superman Doomsday
  • Superman/Batman Public Enemies
  • Superman/Batman Apocalypse
  • All-Star Superman
  • Superman Unbound
  • Superman vs. The Elite
  • The Death of Superman
  • Reign of the Supermen
  • Superman Red Son

0 voters

1 Like

Out of all the animated Superman films i just really like Batman/Superman World’s Finest the best, even today. The only Superman movie on the list that had questionable quality was really Superman Last Son of Krypton.

The Death of Superman is the only one of those films that I would consider better than decent.

1 Like

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. I love the comic series and story arc it’s derived from, along with the fluid animation and the fact that it nailed Michael Turner’s artistic aesthetics.

For accuracy’s sake, it should be noted that The Last Son of Krypton and The Batman/Superman Movie aren’t technically movies. Rather, they are three part episodes from Superman: The Animated Series (“World’s Finest” in the case of TBSM) that were edited together into seperate, feature-length presentations for release on assorted home video formats over the years.

The Batman Beyond Movie is also an example of a “movie” that’s actually not a movie, but rather an edited together for home video presentation of multiple episodes from its respective TV series.

Actually Superman The Last Son of Krypton was created as a television movie, it is separate from Superman the animated series, and the only thing it had in common was a similar animation style.
Batman Beyond was created as a direct to video movie,
Batman/Superman World’s Finest was 3 episodes from the Superman Animated Series, but I decided to include it because of being packaged and promoted as a movie for home release.

1 Like

Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker was created as a direct to video movie.

Batman Beyond: The Movie is the Rebirth two-parter, followed by three episodes of the TV series.

I forgot about Batman Beyond the movie, I just thought of Batman Beyond Return of the Joker right away.

1 Like

No worries. :slightly_smiling_face:

Speaking of animated Superman movies, Superman: Brainiac Attacks was fun. It’s by no means a favorite of mine, but I will admit it was the best Superman movie of 2006.

1 Like

Lol I am so embarrassed I got Last Son of Krypton and Brainiac Attacks mixed up in my mind.

1 Like

I blame Brainiac. :robot:

1 Like