BENDIS ON LEGION OF SUPERHEROES

BENDIS is working on a LEGION of superheroes bokk with ryan soon and others what do you guys think will it be amazing or will it be like his gaurdians of the Galaxy run bland and disappointing

Here is an interview with him about the new book https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/06/13/brian-michael-bendis-ryan-sook-legion-of-super-heroes-millennium/

1 Like

Bendis is usually hit or miss but so far Ive liked all of his DC work that Ive read. Gotta respect that the dude is definitely a workhorse though. Hes got so many current and upcoming projects.

2 Likes

Event Leviathan is Trash. After this week I dropped all my Superman Titles till they get a new person that understands the DC Universe better. Saved room in my boxes too!!!

4 Likes

I personaly like his Superman stuff so far and I’m excited for event leviathan though I do think that it would be ok to have him just do one Superman title instead of 2 that way people who want a more traditional Superman story can still get what they want too it’s like tom Kings Batman it’s not your traditional Batman but it’s interesting and different in a good way and if you don’t like it you can still get your Batman fix by picking up detective

3 Likes

I can see him really excelling with the Legion. Its right up his alley and it could also mean the end of his Superman runs. If so that’s a win/win for everyone.

2 Likes

I’ve really enjoyed Bendis’s work on Naomi and Young Justice. I’m looking forward to his take on the LSH. As a lifelong Legion fan, I’m overjoyed that any series is back at all. Good luck to Bendis and Sook on their collaboration.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it, too.
Hope this is the one that brings them back to greatness.

2 Likes

Bendis does well with a large cast. I’m looking forward to his LoS heroes series.

2 Likes

I like his DC work alot so far. I’m sure I’ll like this too.

Been too long since the last Legion book.

2 Likes

If you look at the DC solicitations for September it looks like Superboy is going to join the legion. I guess Bendis didn’t like Jon being part of the Superman family that much considering how quickly he’s getting rid of him.

2 Likes

I agree it looks jon will be traveling to the future to join. This was bendis plan all along with aging him and the return of conner in young justice covers the superboy of the 21 century.

1 Like

I don’t trust Bendis to not ruin everything Geoff Johns has been trying to work towards with the Legion. Also why does the solicitation say their from the 32ed century? It’s supposed to be the 31st.

@Nightwingx4108,

This Legion is from the 32nd century.

I have to admit that the reminder of his past work on Guardians of the Galaxy has given me a little bit of doubt now.

That said, Bendis’ work in DC has been pretty much on the positive, and he’s saying things I want to hear. I’m a little worried about him spreading himself too thin, but I’m willing to see what he does with the work.

Plus, honestly, as much as I love the Legion, I think it is a hard concept to sell for some people, and I think a big name like Bendis will only help get more people to try it out.

2 Likes