:wonderwoman: Believe in Wonder: Celebrate Wonder Woman's 80th Anniversary All Year Long! :wonderwoman:

Starting March 8th, International Women’s Day, DC is kicking off Wonder Woman’s 80th Anniversary with a full year-long calendar of celebrations!

The 80th Anniversary celebration illuminates the superhero’s timeless and relevant message of hope and empowerment with original content, commemorative comics, books, and global fashion collections and experiences. This multi-month campaign will culminate with a worldwide celebration of Wonder Woman Day on October 21.

As of today, DC honors the creation and legacy of Wonder Woman by making All-Star Comics #8 (the first appearance of Wonder Woman), Sensation Comics #1 (the first comic headlined by Wonder Woman), and of course, Wonder Woman #1 (1942) free to read on DC Universe Infinite.

Visit DCComics.com to read all about the call to see the world through Wonder Woman’s eyes and to Believe in Wonder! :00_wonder_woman_stars:

14 Likes

Happy International Women’s Day everyone! :wonderwoman:

8 Likes

Looks like some really good stuff coming our way this year. I am especially looking forward to running the 10k again. I just wore my Wonder Woman shell in New England winter running and it is a perfect outer layer.

8 Likes

Love reading the old stuff and the origins of these characters. Fun to see “The Hawkman” as well.

A favorite quote from All-Star Comics #8:
“How d’ya spell Hy-Hypo-Dermic?”

8 Likes

Sounds :00_wonder_woman_gold:onderful can’t wait to see what’s in store.

6 Likes

Do you happen to remember how much the 10k cost? This looks like something fun to do but want to budget as best as I can.

5 Likes

I seem to recall it was around $70. The swag: Long sleeved outer layer, two fuzzy 80’s wristbands (with zippered key pouches in them), a medal, a wicking hat, and a bag to hold everything in. You can print out a certificate and upload pics on a website. It was fun to look through them.

4 Likes
3 Likes