Beast Boy Loves Raven

I haven’t been reading any of DC’s young adult OGNs (largely because I haven’t been a “young adult” for over a decade), but as a Beast Boy/Raven shipper, this news made me very happy:

5 Likes

Nooooooooo! Never liked that relationship. But if you do, more power to you!

3 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, pretty sure all of these OGNs are “non-canon” (but, again, haven’t read any of them, so I can’t say for sure).

Also, more power to you as well! :+1:

3 Likes

Raven & Beast Boy are a total OTP.

Raven and Damien was the worst thing in the DCAMU. Ending that is the best thing about that continuity being over.

3 Likes

I haven’t been in the YA age range for years, but an interesting book is an interesting book, so I’ll scope this one out.

I’m fine with Gar and Raven being an item. They both could literally do worse (and have), so why not?

2 Likes

I don’t like the ship either but from what it looks Beast boy wont be a huge dumb@$$ like in previous visions of teen titans so maybe He will Deserve her for once

1 Like

The Raven volume was a fun read. Been waiting for the Beast Boy. Can’t wait to see the story expand.

3 Likes

I like em. They work as a couple for the same reason April and Andy do on Parks and Rec- he makes her smile (clearly not in this photo, but if you’ve seen the show you know what I’m talking about).

4 Likes

i hate beast boy. Damian is very better for her. i mean he’s son of batman.

Beast Boy Loves Raven is today September 28.

I like the fact that he has a Vixen type mode as well as his usual green animal form but is not usually green

It seems to be a cute story. I just skimmed it so far.

1 Like

The announcement of the Robin sequel, fourth in this mini YA series, got me to check out the whole thing. And while I will say that both Raven and Beast Boy were a bit too “basic” in a lot of ways - some time wasted in both stories on plotlines that didn’t seem to go anywhere, this third volume really hooked me. Really loved how Beast Boy and Raven came together and got to know one another, and their romance was very sweet. Damian was really good, so much better than in the Super Sons YA line, and I’m fully on board for the Robin book now. I’m still not entirely sold on the mostly two-tone/black and white plus one color aesthetic, but the tone is a lot lighter than in a lot of the other offerings using this palette, and the splashes of color are fun when they show up.

I also bought the Barnes and Noble exclusive with the more “romantic” cover and art pages at the end, definitely worthwhile!

4 Likes

I really enjoyed Beast Boy Loves Raven and am super-excited that we are getting a fourth volume.