Batman: The Smile Killer

*"It wouldn’t be a Joker story without a surprise…and right on cue, here’s an unexpected one-shot epilogue to Joker: Killer Smile! Young Bruce Wayne grew up watching The Mr. Smiles Show—and the show might have been watching him back! And not only was young Bruce watching, he was listening…listening as Mr. Smiles spoke across the airwaves only to him…

The Eisner Award-winning creative team of writer Jeff Lemire and artist Andrea Sorrentino land one last gut-punch—turning the mythos of the Batman on its head in the most devastating trick The Joker has ever devised!"*

Feel free to express you excitement for these books or to talk about how much you’re enjoying reading them, but please don’t begin any spoiler conversations until Saturday, 06/27/2020.

For updates on future Black Label releases and to join ThatBlackLabelLife Book Club go here:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/ThatBlackLabelLife

5 Likes

Loved the art. Story was a little murky

4 Likes

I do the best I can to enjoy a story for the story, but I really have to agree with you. I really got the sense that it was just made for the sake of making it rather than actually being anything at all.

Eventually I’ll get around to framing the two books and hanging them on my wall. From the perspective of an art collector that’ll be worth the cost of the books:

5 Likes

The art was absolutely amazing. Should look great mounted. Lemire is a great writer too. I was surprised this was so underwhelming.

4 Likes

If you look at it as if it were in the same universe as the Juaquin Phoenix Joker it gives us a bit to lean on as far as the age issue goes.

The single legitimate issue I’ve heard as far as that particular Joker goes is the age. Joker being an adult and Bruce being a child. So… I can appreciate the story for giving us a Joker for a child Bruce, thus making an AMAZING cinematic universe that much better.

5 Likes

It would be cool if this was available to read on DCUI. I noticed not all of the Black Label stuff is on there.

5 Likes

Killer Smile, too. The Black Label selection could use an upgrade.

4 Likes