Batman: the Audio Adventures

Batman the adio adventures is one of the greatest Batman shows that no one talks about. Coming out recently it was funny dark and cool. This is for peole who want to talk about but mostly to talk to people about it. The star of the show is two face. He is a side plot after the scone anaerey of the court room incident that turned him into two face he goes down a downward spiral.the actor is great also with out spoiling their is a scene we’re Batman says something to Harvey in Latin I could not get a good translation can Someone tell me what he said. He gets into a gang war with penguin. This is the best potential of pagan perfectly blending the anger and mob part of his character. Joker is fine. Riddler stars out good bad ends horibly.

9 Likes

Jeffrey Wright said in one of The Batman interviews that he recorded his dialogue for this years ago, which was surprising. Was it originally intended for DC Universe? Why did it only debut recently?

4 Likes

I don’t know but it is amazing and no one talks about it. The first three episodes are up on youtube

4 Likes

I can say for sure it was not originally intended for dc universe

4 Likes

It seemed to be a case of Covid HBO max didn’t have enough content to put out but a radio drama doesn’t require any in person contact. That’s where I assumed it wound go.

3 Likes

Recently is a bit of a stretch it came out 2 years ago

3 Likes

When I first started listening to this show, it took me awhile to get used to this being an audio drama, but now I am enjoying it. The format is clever and the casting is perfect.

4 Likes

I decided recently to give it a try since I’ve been going down the Riddler rabbit hole and honestly I love listening to this, especially at night when I’m trying to decompress and relax into sleep. Season one reminds me of the old radio shows they had back in the 30s and 40s, but it’s fun hearing about the in Gotham related commercials, it really adds to the atmosphere of the setting, and the fact that they can do this soley with sound and voiceover is amazing. It’s one of those “something I never knew I needed” type of things. Also… there’s a minor character that shares my name who crosses paths with Riddler, and hearing Riddler say my actual name twice just had me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Made it to season 2 and all I can say is Scarecrow’s voice :drooling_face::relieved:

3 Likes

What’s really pissing me off is imdb refusing to list proper credits for this show - who is in what episode, did they play multiple roles in the episode, etc.

3 Likes

I didn’t even know about that! That needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

I JUST FOUND OUT that The Audio Adventures are on YouTube. I legit thought they were HBO/MAX exclusives. I could’ve started listening to these a year ago. What the hell! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t even know this existed and I LOVE the old time radio shows. This is gonna be awesome, definitely will be binge watching (binge listening?) to this in the next few days.

4 Likes

Theyre on spotify too

2 Likes

It’s amazing. The amount of talent that goes into the voice acting but also the writing is something so refreshing. You get so much visual pictures and story and personality all in the form of audio and it’s just chef’s kiss. It gives me hope that IP content can still be good and not necessarily just another product if a corporate machine. Also the creator of the audio episodes is also the writer for the tie in comics, because while yes there has to be tie in comics to everything nowadays, at least it’s not another writer trying to tie into someone else’s series that’s elsewhere.

3 Likes

I got my new boyfriend to listen the the Audio Adventures and he is loving it! His only complaint is sassy “Um actually” Batman but other than that, he loves it!

2 Likes

I really like these, I have only listen to the first 4 but I really like the voices for these, I love how they just add the gotham city commercial breaks in these, my favorite being take the gothem bus. :grin:

5 Likes

Currently listening to Episode 5 and I have to say Ms. Tuesday is the highlight of this episode for me lol. “I grew up in Arkham Asylum because I’m crazy, not stupid” lol

I also love this part

Batman: Are you going to give it back, or do I have to go all the way to my car to get another one?

I never thought I’d hear him beg for one of his toys back :laughing:
This Batman is more vocal compared to a lot of other versions. Also, Batman only carries 1 batarang on him??

This line of dialogue is the closest I could find to Batman’s entire character in this podcast

2 Likes