:superman: :batman: Batman/Superman: World's Finest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :batman: :superman:

I’ll put the mini series down as satisfactory. I don’t think I wasted my money, but I won’t be revisiting this Elseworld.

The best spoiler is this…

President Lex is replaced by his Vice President, OTIS!

4 Likes

you know I was thinking if I were writing worlds finest I would try to beat them there are worse ways to go down and I think it would be an honer to have tried

2 Likes

if you guys want something to read while you wait for more worlds finest comics this arc from the 80s is really good its one of my favorites

2 Likes

#11 was :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2: and then some.

The first highlight of note for me was page 2, where Key is going through David’s memories. I’ve never seen The Key look that creepy before, but I really liked it. Mora drew him to an exceptionally vile and menacing degree.

Speaking of The Key, I also enjoyed his “friends”, some of which were new to me characters (Bag o’ Bones in particular).

“Moving on.”

I had a feeling that David would be a figure of tragedy, and it turns out he was…from a certain point of view.

True, he didn’t die, but he did get separated from Superman and the rest at the last minute, just when things were starting to look like they’d pan out well for him.

I’m very curious to see what comes of David and Gog…maybe that will serve as the basis for the book’s first Annual? :man_shrugging:t2:

Overall, this issue was a good conclusion to Strange Visitor, which was a solid arc. I’m looking forward to Supergirl and Robin’s “date from hell” in #12. That’s sure to be a good time, no doubt.

4 Likes

I think gog will be in shazam as the bad guy because mark said he was gonna use him in another story I hope we see something about the annual this month I would rather super girl date jason then dick comics have shown her have a crush on jason before even having her say as he walks away from her I’ve always had a thing for bad boys

3 Likes

just read ten just as good as the others

3 Likes

well just saw the dc comics coming out in April still no annual :disappointed:

2 Likes

Just read it. Strange Visitor was a dull destination with a great journey there. Magog is very underwhelming. Give the guy his horns. They make him better.

2 Likes

have to agree with you there also the may comics list came out still no annual

2 Likes

I don’t think I had seen this thread before. I just caught up to #11 and I love this series.

I was sad to see David go. But I guess it makes sense. I feel like I was just starting to get his character but, oh well.

The art and writing on this series have been spectacular. I have no idea how long they plan to continue this series, but I hope it continues for a while.

6 Likes

Why did you jynx us this way? Why? Why?

4 Likes

I said hope, not think. I have no idea what will happen. I don’t predict the future. I only hope that the comics I like will have 2000 issue runs.

Somehow, they never quite get that high.

5 Likes

batman will hit 900 in may

2 Likes

TV gif. Stephen Colbert throws up his hands and laughs as he says to left of frame: Text, "Welcome to the nerd zone, my friend."

Absolutely and enthusiastically agree, word for word.

4 Likes

World’s Finest #12 was cute, just really cute. Watching Robin completely blow it as he tried too hard to impress Kara hit a little too close to home at times, but, yeah, that’s how you completely blow it! Supergirl’s reaction to it was appropriately honest and insightful. Loved that Dick starts developing the Nightwing persona as a way to try to duck the embarrassment and the moment he tells Supergirl “there was a monkey” made me chuckle. Good self-contained issue!

5 Likes

Now I need Tom Taylor to do a follow up in the present day in a few pages in Nightwing.

I guess Kara is just looking for someone more “brainy”.

4 Likes

Brainiac 5 is my favorite Kara love interest to this very day (though, unfortunately for Kara, that bar is set pretty low).

4 Likes

Probably why I do not have a favorite.

2 Likes

Do I need to guess your favorite (or a favorite, at minimum) episode of JLU?

2 Likes

Divided We Fall.

2 Likes