:superman: :batman: Batman/Superman: World's Finest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :batman: :superman:

Babs? No.

2 Likes

So by Batgirl did you mean Carrie, Cass, Stephenie, or other?

2 Likes

Mmmm… yes… I was wrong… I meant Batwoman. Thank you for pointing out my momentary blindspot. Still, question stands.

4 Likes

I enjoyed the moment when Kate looked back at Kara and said “World’s Finest”. I’m not fooling myself when I say that it was very authentic. :00_supergirl: :00_batwoman:

And as far as BG and Kara go, they qualify for the moniker just as much as Kal and Bruce do.

#WorldsFinest :00_supergirl: :00_batgirl1:

6 Likes

tugs on his “I’m a fan.” t-shirt

:supergirl_cw: :00_batwoman:

Absolutely. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Who is Bruce?

2 Likes

3 Likes

The shark in Jaws and Finding Nemo.

Well, that guy too.

Still the shark in Jaws and Finding Nemo, though. :wink:

3 Likes

Just read issue 7. I am now enjoying the current storyline way more than the last one. Comedy could be better. But the character interactions were real good.

4 Likes

I really liked issue #7. Waid is able to do a whole lot in one story. First, I really liked the brief Jack Ryder cameo. Ryder, aka The Creeper, was one of the objectivism-inspired heroes that Steve Ditko created for DC in the 70’s. It’s fitting to reimagine him as a right-wing podcaster drumming up sensationalist fear over things like “communist aliens” (which could be an accusation thrown at Superman in his Golden Age and New 52 incarnations). I love that Superman’s response was simply, “Oh, shut up, Jack.”

Next, Waid lowkey brought a Silver Age concept back into continuity. As Kandorian scientist Kim-Da is giving David his super-suit, he tells him that, “In Earth’s environment, Kandorian fabrics are indestructible.” That was the explanation for why Superboy/Superman’s costume was never harmed in the Silver Age. The costume was sewn from the blankets that Superman was swaddled in while he was in his rocket. Because the blankets were made from Kryptonian fabrics, they were indestructible on Earth. That was changed Post-Crisis and I haven’t seen a hint of that explanation since then… until now.

This story may do a bit in clarifying the relationship between the Multiverse and Hypertime as David reached Earth-0 through the use of a Hypertime Drive. I looking forward to the rest of this arc and can’t wait to see David interact with the original Teen Titans next month.

3 Likes

Waid and Mora’s instinct to include and heavily feature Robin in this series was a master stroke. Robin’s inclusion has prevented the series from rehashing the same old Superman/ Batman tropes and changed the book’s dynamic completely. Love this series.

5 Likes

#7 was a fine issue. One thing I love seeing is Batman operating during the day, and having a lighter air around him than in current comics. Reminds me a bit of Bendis’ take on the character in Batman: Universe (up there on my list of favorite Batman stories).

I like the ol’ Superman Batman old friends ying & yang dynamic! I do agree with your sentiment though. I’m not usually a big Robin guy, but I like him in this series.

5 Likes

my issue is late I won’t get to read it till next month :worried:

3 Likes

That’s too bad, but don’t fret! You can keep yourself entertained by checking out the Archive of Worlds arc of Batman Superman by Gene Luen Yang and Ivan Reis. It’s sweet and it starts here:

4 Likes

Robin, quit sabotaging Storyteller’s arrivals.

3 Likes

thats a good suggesten but I have all those already superman and batman comics are my favorite so I have almost all of them @moro . I’m glad everyone’s enjoy the new ones so much I’m hoping for a good long run :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

#7 was yet another homer by Waid. I’m intrigued to see how David’s story plays out.

I’m also intrigued to see if @MisfitCMJ has read the issue, as the classic Teen Titans are in it.

3 Likes

By the by, for any who have been inclined to read DC’s best new ongoing of 2022 (don’t take my word for it, the gobs and gobs of positive reviews found all over the Internet speak for themselves) but haven’t yet jumped onboard, World’s Finest #1 is now on DCUI! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I see Clark kept the suit

3 Likes

If it went on sale on Tuesday, I have not. If it showed up here on Tuesday, I may just read out of order.

3 Likes