:superman: :batman: Batman/Superman: World's Finest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :batman: :superman:

I really liked how ‘in his element’ Dick was at the circus, especially on the trapeze. The panels of Dick’s acrobatics compared to Batman’s supporting role were great. I also like that the issue stayed firmly in Dick’s voice and that he continued to lead the investigation - even giving orders.

My one nitpick would be that Dick seemed a bit more stoic than I expected/prefer, perhaps just due to the art style. I haven’t been reading the series, so I can’t compare this depiction. In general, I liked the issue.

6 Likes

Agreed. Also- I was glad that DG was able to get another run at his circus roots. This issue was solid, and as always-

Yay Doom Patrol! :smiley: :dp_butterfly: :doom_patrol_club:

5 Likes

Next month is perfect for you then, as that’s when World’s Finest #1 debuts on DCUI and its when a new arc begins in the series in #7.

You can’t beat a 2-for-1 jumping-on points…point. :grin:

Huzzah! :partying_face: I hope you stick with the series, as Dick’s been pretty darn rad in it, so far.

5 Likes

I kinda hope we get some Jason Todd action in the next ark.

2 Likes

I would love that

1 Like

I do wonder how Jason fits into the loose continuity of this series.

Has Batman even met him yet?

Survey says “no”, being that Dick is still Robin.

Of course, maybe Dick was Robin, then Jason came along and took the gig, got his skull smashed and Dick then took up the Robin mantle once more, instead of sticking with his Nightwing persona?

Whatever Waid writes, I’ll read it. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

well there doing whatever time they want so they can do when jason was robin
or they could do closer to present and have him as red hood

2 Likes

This is true, as Waid could absolutely jump forward in time to where Jason is Red Hood.

2 Likes

batman and superman comics are my favorite so I hope this last for many years

2 Likes

The Man of Steel and The Dark Knight are indeed pretty awesome.

You’re welcome to chit-chat here about your favorite series/stories featuring the two, if you like.

Likewise. World’s Finest is DC’s best new launch of 2022, and as long as it maintains its current momentum, I see no reason why the book can’t have a healthy and long run.

2 Likes

I recommend superman man of tomorrow 19 its a hidden gem
an evil batman and superman show up and tell them that there friendship means
nothing that deep down they really hate each other after all they would know they are them will there relationship be ripped apart or will they overcome this latest challenge ?

3 Likes

Man of Tomorrow is good stuff. My favorite issues are 14 and 15, as they tell of a titanic tussle between Superman and Metallo (one of my favorite Superman villains).

3 Likes

I am hoping for a time skip is coming as dick is about 17 in this, and he gets fired from Robin at 18 in current cannon stated in Nightwing vol 4 issue 79. as there are far, far more dick Grayson as robin stories than there are Jason todd as robin stories.

also Jason did not die form his skull getting smashed…he died a hero saving his mother and getting blown up.

4 Likes

This is world’s finest. Anybody says that supergirl and Batwoman in the cw made a great team is kidding themselves.

1 Like

Supergirl and Batwoman on the CW made a great team. Not sure why them being good together has to invalidate the Kara/Babs team-up as well

3 Likes

Yes, I know. It was a general comment with regards to how Jason met his end (which did begin with him getting smacked around with a crowbar). :wink:

3 Likes

My good soldier honored me, but the war goes on.

3 Likes

Fortunately he came back to you.

4 Likes

Yeah, I liked Kara and Batgirl in the CW, too. Not exactly sure where this comment came from. Care to clarify?

3 Likes

Was Batgirl in CWverse?

2 Likes