Batman: Soul Of The Dragon Trailer & Release Date!

Synopsis:

It will release digitally on January 12, and on Blu-Ray/4K on the 26th.

Looks pretty cool to me – like an animated Elseworld tale. Looking forward to it! :smiley:

10 Likes

If the end credits don’t include Will Arnett doing a bat-themed parody cover of “Kung-Fu Fighting”, I don’t know why they’d even bother!

5 Likes

Other than the words “Bruce Timm” not very interesting sadly. Of course I will still watch it like the other 40 and hope it has the trailer for Justice Society. The most interesting part to me is Richard Dragon.

3 Likes

Can’t wait!!!

3 Likes

Kinda gives me a Tarantino vibe if he were to to make a cartoon batman movie.

4 Likes

To be honest, not quite sure what makes this an Elseworlds story. The only thing that feels unique or different from a typical Batman arc is the time setting, but that doesn’t really seem to play into the look/style too much outside of civilian clothing. Don’t get me wrong it looks good, but it just feels very regular compared to what I’d consider an Elseworlds style.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m 100% on board with this. Really enjoying that 70’s, martial arts vibe. I feel like this isn’t a movie that needed to be rated R, but at this point in my life it really doesn’t matter :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

VERY excited for this. Lady Shiva stans keep winning.

3 Likes

Watch her be the damsel in distress the entire movie.

2 Likes

Saw the trailer. Looks awesome™:+1:
Classic 70s Kung fu movie fun. And the 26th. Thought this would be a next year thing​:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nah, she seems pretty capable throughout what we’ve seen of this, so that seems unlikely.

Although…considering how Timm’s recent animated entries have featured one odd/controversial pairing, I wonder if she’ll end up hooking up with one of the characters in the movie.

2 Likes

yeah I am afriad they will be a forced romance with her and Bruce or one of the other guys

1 Like

She is paired with Snapper Carr.

2 Likes

Looks amazing. Looking forward to this [ x ]