Batman runs the JL because....

He’s only human. Why does he rule?

1 Like

You try telling Batman he isn’t in charge. No one can plan like bats he has and ab and c strike plan for any situation

3 Likes

In my opinion one important thing that makes a leader is they just take charge and doesn’t wait for anyone to tell them what to do and I think that’s just what Batman did I think I just took charge and that his plans are so dope no one argued with it

2 Likes

I never liked the fact that he is the leader. It should be WW or Martian manhunter

I echo the sentiment for leadership from Diana and J’onn. Superman is a natural choice for leader too.

3 Likes

He puts the others in the best places to be most useful. The JL might as well be extensions of his utility belt. Strategy and genius are my short answers.

3 Likes

Great answeres! I agree that a real leader just takes the reigns. No asking. Its kinda already known.

Ben Affleck “I’m rich”

1 Like

I like that.

As a sports captain… you just take it. Prove yourself on the pitch/field…

And you do, take the reigns… I understand what you said though.

Just take charge when nobody else steps up. Not being a bully, but when everyone looks at you, you just know.

1 Like

Hope that makes sense.

Officially, I don’t think anybody is in charge of the League. I think most the League knows Batman is a master strategist and knows how to best use the team to get a job done. He is focused on getting a result.

5 Likes

Exactly what I said. Everyone looks at the leader. Automatic almost. Everyone knows the leader of the pack before the leader does.

1 Like

My guess is because he’s the closest to a grounded human (and the first to be in the JL sorry green arrow) you do see a difference in leadership when they hop on other planets.

I don’t think Batman runs the Justice League. Don’t they all have equal say in what actions they take? Or did I miss something? The stories focus on Batman probably because he’s the most popular (sells the most comics) but the actual group of superheroes function as a team. Batman is a key strategist, which makes him a useful team member, but it’s probably his personality that makes you think he’s a natural leader. The same could be said for Wonder Woman and Superman.

1 Like

Martian Manhunter is the leader

Lol. An outdated question…

He’s rich… :wink:

1 Like