Batman Ninja: Discuss Your Thoughts

Just finished Batman Ninja! I think there was some absolutely beautiful imagery in it! There were quite a few very over the top cheesy moments in it that maybe were geared more towards homages for the classic Anime/Japanese culture hero cartoons, but I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts? Notable mention: That ending swordfight was absolutely badass.

4 Likes

Crap, Crap, Crap…

8 Likes

I liked it. It was a trippy, crazy, fun time with some great visuals. There were a few things that didn’t quite do it for me, like the mechas- which Poison Ivy would never use beacuse she’s anti-industrialist-, and Damien’s personality which was completely out of character, also it’s called Batman Ninja…yet Batman doesn’t become a ninja until the end; Batman Samurai is more accurate. Those are the only three gripes I have. Other than that, very entertaining.

2 Likes

So quite appealing and rather beautiful artistic renditions. The final fight against the Joker was straight awesome. That said, I struggled to finish it. Animation was pretty choppy. Some of the story line and moments were just dumb. Maybe the story needed a bit more focus, they didn’t need to try and cram that many characters in the film. I disliked it and do not recommend it. It could have been something quite amazing, but they missed.

1 Like

The art for the overall movie and many of the character designs were great, especially Poison Ivy character design she was my favorite. I like the giant robot battle at the end. But alas I felt like Batman ninja could have been better I felt like it focused heavily on Joker, I would have been more into it if we got to see what other villians were doing in trying to seize control of Japan

2 Likes

If you like anime you are going to love it, if you don’t you probably won’t and will respond when asked about it like some of the others here have. I love anime and on all movies visuals are most important, it’s my favorite dc animated movie overall, I realize most will think I’m nuts.

1 Like

I have the steelbook blu-ray, You tell me. Worth every penny to watch, best of Batman animation and it only gets better from here.

2 Likes

“and Damien’s personality which was completely out of character,”

This version of Damien may be the only version of him I actually like. Damien Wayne needs more monkey friends to help with his personality.

3 Likes

Artwork was cool…overall, as an a dcau movie it’s probably one of the weakest… imo

3 Likes

Didn’t care for it. Waaay to fantastical…but also not a huge anime fan.

4 Likes

Definitely loved the anime style fights, and Damien’s monkey crew. Could have done without the baseball lines, in exchange for some more suited for the era.

I know there were some generic lines in there I personally could’ve done without, such as “fine feathered friend”.

But, even with the dialog, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. One of my favorite parts was seeing the batvehicle transformations.

It resembled that episode of Dexter’s Lab, when he was robattling in japan.

2 Likes

Loved it. The Japanese voice actors really nailed the roles. Didn’t care for the English dub though.

1 Like

Not my cup of tea

1 Like

Worst DC animated film by far

2 Likes

It was hard to watch for me. Some of the animation was inconsistent, like in one scene Batman goes from being out of his suit with a beard to in suit with no beard, later (no time jump at this part I’m pretty sure) his hair grows back from where he had cut the Bat-Symbol earlier. Also it felt like anything could happen at any time, the bats somehow become a giant Batman. One of the biggest complaints is they didn’t explain why all the villains wore clothes like that. As we saw the time travel didn’t change their clothes so why wouldn’t people like Red Robin who are tech geniuses stay with their advanced suits. This is a minor flaw but Tim was blonde which was weird, Damian was out of character, and Deathstroke was criminally underused and misused as just some Gotham crook when he barely operates in Gotham. Overall, I’d give it about a 4/10.

I enjoyed. This animation was great. The story was interesting and it was good fun. It wasn’t perfect but it was still awesome. I really enjoyed the voice acting and the action was pretty great.

1 Like

Could have gone without the power ranger mech. Like why? Soon as I seen them all form together I was done.

2 Likes

Joker’s voice was cringe

1 Like

listen, my main disappointment was that so much time was spent on the mecha fights that the character development was neglected. So much wasted potential. It’s not the worst DC film but Red Hood is the only one of the Batfamily that actually had a purpose story-wise and had a great scene with bruce. I want more batfamily films and I think if more time had been spent on the character interactions, this could have been a wonderful film. I knew going in to expect something wild but I still hoped we’d have some good good robins interaction.

Ultimately, definitely worth the watch just for the animation and the fight scenes, and for the best Joker since Mark Hamill. Seriously, Tony Hale nailed it whoever wrote his dialogue in the English dub nailed that as well. But while I might watch it again, I can’t say that I enjoyed it enough to rec beyond the aesthetics. I need more meat on the bone story-wise, and if you’re going to use characters I should hope you actually utilize them. The batfamily has so many great unexplored, unused character dynamics and I wish DC would remember that.

4 Likes

I think this would be an awesome game concept

1 Like