Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

My favourite part is when he is doing karate in his lawn and calls it jiujustu

3 Likes

The music is so epic they should have used this theme for Batman in Justice League when he was taking on the Parademons with his batmobile.

2 Likes

Watching on Blu Ray now and I can definitely say that the version on this site is based off the same print as the one on the Blu Ray.

5 Likes

Easily the best animated Batman movie.

Batman is the greatest movies of all time it’s cool movie

1 Like

Such a fantastic movie, for me it might be better than Batman Begins, the origin is fantastic, the action scenes are great, Hamil does a fantastic job, Conroy kills it and offers some great and deep insight into the character of Batman. Absolutely fantastic movie, 10/10

7 Likes

I grew up with a vhs tape of this movie. I must have watched it 100 times. This will always have a special place in my heart. My mind was blown when the phantasm revealed herself. You can feel batmans pain in this one, or at least little kid me did.

4 Likes

I love you batman

3 Likes

I have the DVD and love it so it’s not overrated but, unlike so many people out there, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s NOT the best animated Batman movie out there! It has so many things going for it: the score (believe me, I own the soundtrack too!), the animation, the performances, its ambitious script, and the fact it got a theatrical release helps! But too many flashbacks and a messy conclusion don’t make it #1 as far as I’m concerned. At least “Return of the Joker” didn’t miss a beat from start to finish!

When a movie has action fighting, makes you play detective to figure out the mystery and has a hot gorgeous babe you got yourself a movie any guy would want to see and this Batman Mask of the Phantasm has all that in spades. This is a classic, a must for any Batman fan. The ending is sad but makes it even more emotionally valuable.

3 Likes

I don’t get the hype for this film, the reveal of the big bad is predictable, and the end is anti-climactic. It’s good don’t me wrong, but Batman: Year One is way better.

2 Likes

this was one of my favorites growing up, mom got it for me at the library every other time it seemed when went to rent movies and books. I even got it for Christmas. hands down one of the best Batman movies animated or live action. (extremely bias opinion)

1 Like

The Dark Night Returns is THE BEST BATMAN FILM EVER MADE! I would also say this is the second best one in my opinion. People forget this film came out close to 30 years ago before comic cartoon films were “the thing”. This movie kind of stage for many DC cartoon films such as the first Batman/Superman cartoon movie team up. Overall I love the plot, script, and characters in this film. It had depth and went in to Bruce’s past of one of the main reasons Bruce became Batman.

1 Like

Always loved this classic movie, grew up watching this and the nostalgia i feel watching this is delightful

3 Likes

This is by far the best Batman movie ever made. Never before has Batman had such a compelling love interest, nor has his psyche ever been explored like this on a film. The graveyard scene is beyond words.

5 Likes

Just watching this per my Valentine’s Day tradition. Not just a great Batman movie, but a great movie period that cuts to the quick about how fate toys with young hope and how life forces us to make difficult choices.

Plus it has Mark Hamill’s Joker, so you know it’s 5/5

7 Likes

It is a good twist this is the best Batman movie

3 Likes

Honestly for the time, this is one of their best animated films ever. It’s so beautifully sad and Bruce Timm’s art is amazing. One of my favorite Batman films.

2 Likes

My very first Batman film on vhs, I remember waking up and my Dad had left it on the dresser. It was quite the surprise. It came with a free comic too :slight_smile:

So, needless to say it is the most nostalgic animated Batman film to me as well.

3 Likes

One of my favorite movies of all time. BTAS changed my life for the better

4 Likes