Batman killing people?

We knoe from and interview with the guy that Robin in the new show Titans. That Batman kills people. I know that i the early comics he did and maybe he does if is necesary. But what do you guys think about Batman killing people.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that interview or confirmed anywhere . I mean I believe you but just haven’t seen it myself

2 Likes

I don’t like it. Batman shouldn’t kill. He had a code for a reason

2 Likes

And Robin does not say that in the first episode either… he says something along the lines that he had to leave because he was becoming too much like him…

2 Likes

Batman should never kill his moral code is what makes him interesting and a hero. It’s the uncrossable line it’s what sperates him from people like Wolverine or the Punisher. The times I accept him killing are the original golden age books because the character was still finding his place in the world or Batman 89 because I think it’s a good representation of the 1939 version of the character.

2 Likes

I agree with all of you. I mean even in the show they talk about the Joker, and if he is around that means that Batman doesn’t kill. Why would he kill the goons if he won’t kill the big baddie. That would be sick for his character. I think that when Dick said that he was becoming more like him he mean it in a way of his brutal ways to resolve things.

2 Likes

I don’t like a Batman that kills people. Personally, that’s not my Batman. But the DCEU Batman killed people, and while I didn’t like that, I accepted it as an alternative interpretation and found a way to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Batman has killed in every Batman live action movie. So what are you guys talking about? Its fine to me because he isn’t just flat out murdering anyone. It’s fine to me.

2 Likes

@bryanttve Batman definitely kills in the Burton films, but they’re cartoonish or indirect so most people seem to give them a pass. I think any “kills” in the Nolan films are debatable, and the line between killing and not is often very much the point in those movies. Batman has taken on mythic meaning to people, and a core tenet of that myth for many people is that Batman does not kill. It’s an inaccurate tenet, if you accept all comics and other media portrayals. But I like a Batman that draws a line somewhere, and hope for portrayals in which he chooses not to kill. But part of the beauty of Batman is that he is just that flexible as a myth, and can take on all kinds of interpretations, including a vicious murderer. One of my favorite moments in Batman history is when he took on the Zur-En-Arrh persona in Grant Morrison’s run; you just know that unhinged maniac is a murderer.

1 Like

Batman does kill.

Batman does use guns.

Batman does not kill with a gun.
Unless you’re Darkseid.

1 Like

Batman would never kill anyone who would ever be noticed. Batman is the risk you take if you want to break Gotham Law!

1 Like

Batman killing is a slippery slope and good writers and editors would avoid this trap at all costs. Once you admit that Batman kills, the entire mythos falls flat on its face because The Joker is still living.

1 Like

I like a more brutal but he shouldn’t kill. He’ll beat thugs nearly to death, but they’re still breathing.

Batman doesn’t need to kill in Titans to push Dick away he just needs to be overly Brutal or do something that Dick disagrees with.

1 Like

I like a more brutal but he shouldn’t kill. He’ll beat thugs nearly to death, but they’re still breathing.

Batman doesn’t need to kill in Titans to push Dick away he just needs to be overly Brutal or do something that Dick disagrees with.

Not sure why it posted my response three times…

@Matches_Malone We gotcha covered! :+1:

1 Like

Batman killing is a display of writers not knowing their characters. It isn’t Batman to kill. He cannot kill simply because if he crosses that line, he will turn mad. It’s apart of his character to have that moral high ground and not decide for people when to die. Indirect killing such as someone trying to dive at him on a rooftop and then he dodges it, wasn’t his choice if the person died or not. When you make your hero a killer it lessens him. Robin shouldn’t kill, and Starfire should be frightened when burning people to a crisp.

2 Likes

Some great opinions on this one - keep them coming!

Personally, I feel if Batman kills there was a necessity for it and it was not done just for the sake of doing it. I agree he has a code but sometimes that code needs to be bent for the greater good.

2 Likes