Batman is Crazy?

A comic based on the premise that Batman is actually a persona created by Bruce Wayne, a patient at Arkham who was traumatized by his parents death and his “villains” and people he interacts with are doctors and inmates at the asylum.

Would you like to see this? How would you write it? Discuss

1 Like

Isn’t that how Batman Last Knight on Earth starts off?

2 Likes

Is it? I haven’t read that yet

1 Like

Yeah, not to spoil anything for you, but its part of issue #1
I

Great

The Smallville episode Labyrinth has a similar premise where Clark believes he’s in a mental hospital.

Yeah they did it on Buffy as well. For some reason I really hate those plots, when ever a story or tv show does it, it bums me out

1 Like

This has been done on TV shows before, Smallville and Buffy like mentioned here.

I think they even did an episode similar to this in BTAS

2 Likes

At first I thought the subject line was only that question, and my answer was just gonna be “Yes.”

2 Likes

Every single fandom on the face of the planet has had at least one person propose that the whole thing is a hallucination by one of the characters (a dying dream is a perennial favorite, but mental illness and drugs are the runners-up), and it’s never interesting. It’s essentially “What if nothing mattered and nothing was actually happening?” I can’t even begin to imagine how one would construct a narrative around it.

1 Like

Snyder’s-Batman: Last Knight on Earth
:bat:

3 Likes

I remember a classic episode of The Twilight Zone did an episode with this theme. A guy puts his head down, someone yells cut, and he’s suddenly an actor playing himself. Did something strange happen, or is he truly losing his mind? At the end, he puts his head down again, and suddenly, everything’s back to normal. Questions of personal identity were common themes in the Twilight Zone. It was a really good episode, and apparently inspired many copycats. Like everything else, it can be good or bad, depending on the execution.

1 Like