Batman: Arkham Series

I’m about to start this and I hear this is considered the best video game franchise ever, do you concur?

2 Likes

You’ll get plenty of different answers for what the best video game franchise is depending on who you ask, but it’s gotta be considered the best superhero/comic book video game franchise ever. It’s certainly my favorite of all time, if you couldn’t already tell from my username and avatar haha

4 Likes

Yeah the Arkham games are a great line. The only game I like more than them is Skyrim.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the best ever. In my opinion yes it is but that me. Definitely a crowning achievement though for superhero/comic based game showing they can be great and original just as any other Great video game.
Have fun. Enjoy the games.:+1:

I think the narrative overall is pretty great, but the gameplay is hit or miss for me. Video games are probably the most subjective art-form given the amount of interaction between the medium and the consumer that other things (ie. comics or movies) don’t have. I honestly prefer the TellTale games personally, but that’s just because that’s the kind of gameplay I enjoy. Not because I think it’s objectively better than the Arkham games.

Anyways, that’s a long way of saying that if you enjoy the beat-em up style of gameplay in Spider-Man PS4 mixed in with a bit of puzzle solving, you’ll probably really like it. It’s all about personal preferences in stuff like this. But the narrative is phenomenal.

1 Like