Batman: Arkham Asylum 10 Year Anniversary

“For one night, Batman’s greatest enemies will get their chance…at revenge.”

10 years ago today, the Batman game that revolutionized modern superhero video games and began the greatest superhero video game series of all time, was released.

10 Likes

And one of the best Batmobiles EVERRR

open-gotham-origins.jpg

3 Likes

This game introduced Wally Wingert’s version of The Riddler which is the definitive version of the character for me.

The Scarecrow sequences are also my favorites because the character finally felt terrifying and you get to experience what it’s like when he messes with Batman’s mind.

6 Likes

Decided to go through the game again when I got off work – definitely still holds up. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have been playing all of the Arkham games for the past week and a half in celebration of this and I just finished beating them all earlier today. What a fantastic series. Even the supposedly bad games are fun. To me at least.

4 Likes

As someone who went through every single iteration of the Crime Alley scene for a project some time ago, I can attest that the version depicted in this game is my favorite of them all.

6 Likes

One of my favorite video games. Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Arleen Sorkin, and Rocksteady’s brilliant attention to detail makes this game worth playing over and over again. The Arkhamverse is my favorite version of Batman.

I’m patiently waiting to see what Rocksteady’s next game will be.

One of my favorite video games. Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Arleen Sorkin, and Rocksteady’s brilliant attention to detail makes this game worth playing over and over again. The Arkhamverse is my favorite version of Batman.

I’m patiently waiting to see what Rocksteady’s next game will be.

This game made Batman my favorite. Introduced me deeper into his world. Ended becoming a Christmas tradition for me to beat at least one. Such a great game. Might have to reheat one again soon.

1 Like

Batman’s 80th anniversary and Arkham’s 10 year anniversary, this is the year of the Bat.