:00_robin: :superman: Batman and Superman: Battle of the Supersons (Movie Trailer Out Now) :00_robin: :superman:

Hell yes to more supersons content. The excitement I have for this is concerning to those who know me. Also I’m glad to see I’m not the only one questioning the animation in the trailer.

2 Likes

Battle of the Super Sons!
Looks Too Be A Pretty Good Movie!
The Trailer Looks Good!

Aquaman and Aqua Lad Should Be More Involved!
Starro is After All Aquaman’s Archenemy!
Reminds Me Of the Justice League Episode Where They Battled Starro!

That’s the Justice League Animated Series!
In the Comics, Starro Was Either One of the Justice Leagues First Enemies or the First!

Again, Looks Too Be A Pretty Good Movie!
Involving the Justice League!
Hopefully, They Will Have Lesser Known Justice League America Members Like Elongated Man and Firestorm Involved!
Hopefully, Hawk Man and Hawk Woman, Firestorm Will Be In It Along with Black Canary and Green Arrow!

Like I Said, It Looks Pretty Good!
Looking Forward too the Movie!

2 Likes

You stepped into the world of Superman! Yay! :hugs:

I certainly hope its not your last visit there, either. :wink:

3 Likes

26 more days
:partying_face: :white_heart: :clap:

3 Likes

Looks like it could be a lot of fun! The animation is a bit different, but might look more smooth in the actual movie. Some scenes seemed a bit stiff here. The main thing that stood out to me was how… old… Jon and Damian sound compared to how old they look.

3 Likes

Movie is available to rent on vudu, and I am not going to have much good to say.

The animation is both moderately dull, and moderately ugly. Why did they switch to this more expensive and worse format for a DTV budget? Please no more CG films.

The plot is incredibly cliche and predictable (making the PG-13 rating really bad, since children have far less issues with this it should not have taken much to make this PG rated), and it constantly lags on scenes just for obvious reveals.

One of the best part of DTV films is they know when to end instead of dragging on for 3 hours. This is a 79 minute film that refuses to end and wastes several minutes with two unneeded extra endings.

Jonathon is awful. His voice is grating, and his happiness is constantly at odds with the tone.

The fights are pretty bad. I have not seen the season 1 finale of Young Justice since the day it aired, but it is way too similar. Then it is the exact same typical young hero story of fighting and beating mind controlled older superheroes.. There are just way better versions I have seen so many times.

This leaves my son carrying the movie on his tiny shoulders. He gets quite a few good jokes and lines in, so at least his scenes are entertaining. The main characters should have been him and Bat-Cow.

This is either a high 1 or a low 2 (I am leaning towards the first one. There are now 48 DCAOM films. In my rankings I will give it spot number 40. I might in hindsight move it up one or down 2.

3 Likes

Oh I watched this movie the day after it came out and forgot to write my thoughts on it. The animation was pretty trashy looking in almost every scene, but I did like the vibrancy in the colors, and while I wish they would have gone with a different animation style, I think it kind of worked in a way, for the movie. I am the kind of person who can consume trash content and still enjoy it, so the lame plot wasn’t really that bothersome for me, and I cared more about the scenes where characters were just interacting than the actually important scenes, tbh. I didn’t like the voice acting for Jon or Damian, like, at all. I also kind of disliked the way Damian looked- something about him was very off, but also, none of the characters really looked like themself. Probably due to the animation style. But after Damian was done being his little rude dude self, and him and Jon started actually being friends it was quite sweet.
I’m very bad at forming my thoughts on movies into coherent messages, other than saying “movie bad, but i like it, so it good ig”.
I know I just listed a bunch of bad things about the movie but I honestly really liked it and I want 30 more Supersons movies because Damian is my comfort character and Jon is a precious lil dude.
and my opinion is absolutely biased because the Supersons were my first DC obsessions and my last words in this life will probably be about them.

2 Likes