đŸ“șBatman (1989)đŸ“ș Watch Along, Thursday March 21st 8:00pm EST/5:00pm PST

Hello everybody, The next movie watch along is Batman (1989), it will be on Thursday March 21st at 8:00pm EST/5:00pm PST. Hope to see you. :grinning::popcorn::cup_with_straw::tv:

6 Likes

gets in the car I’m ready! “Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!”

Or are we traveling by Batwing this time? The poor things have a fantastic launch record but they do tend to have terrible landings brought on by attacks from villains (Joker, Riddler and Doomsday in the live action realm). As Michael Gough’s Alfred once said “A pity.”

This flick is 30 years young and gets better with age =)

2 Likes

The Bat (Batwing) from The Dark Knight Rises probably got blown up in the end! I didn’t realize the poor track record Batman has with batwing, he might’ve well steal a line from Indiana Jones when someone say to him,“I didn’t know you can fly!” Batman reply would be, “Fly yes, but land no!” :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, I bet The Bat did get blown up real well. Nukes’ll do that it seems.

Nice Indy reference! high five

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite movies~ A few years ago my local movie theater showed Batman '89 on a summer afternoon and it was the first time I’d ever been able to see it on the big screen. I was one of two people in that theater, it was practically a private showing. Couldn’t stop grinning throughout. :clown_face:

3 Likes

@iJest that’s surprising that showing of Batman you attended had such low attendance.

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Batman on the big screen two times (and I expect a third will occur some time later this year) with both shows in large auditoriums that were completely sold out.

3 Likes

This was the very first super hero movie I saw on the big screen back in 1989, I remember thinking this would be just like the old TV show starring Adam West. Boy was I wrong! Jack Nicholson scare me and gave me nightmare! Looking back it’s one of the best film ever made and love the music. Did you guys know that when you play the first Lego Batman video game, all the music soundtrack is from this movie? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Reaganfan I did not know that. Thank you for the Fun Fact.

My Fun Fact: Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero opens with pieces from Danny Elfman’s opening music to Batman.

4 Likes

We are 5 days away til the movie Watch along! :grinning: Did you know when Michael Keaton first got the role of Batman, the fans were furious, asking Warner Bros to not hire him as Batman. But once they saw the trailer they were happy with it!

1 Like

When I sa w Batman (1989) in the theater, the line went on for 3 city blocks. The cheers and clapping when the title appeared on the screen were on an epic scale.

2 Likes

@RF, I am sooo sorry, but I will not be able to make it. Starting this week I have an appointment on Thursday evenings that conflicts with this time slot. Batman 1989 is one of my favorites. It’ll be a fun WaL for sure!

2 Likes

I’ll try to make it! I don’t even need to watch it, it’s all memorized at this point.

1 Like

@Reagan Are you saying fans overreacted over nothing? No sir, that does not happen.

Kidding. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s ok JLWWSM, hope you have a great week. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’ll be here in spirit JL =)

Reagan, do you have your WB ballcap? If not, here’s how to get one:

https://youtu.be/b678VUvAJ-8

2 Likes

LOL! Thanks Vroom! :smiley:
Call the number
Daffy Duck: Hello?
Hi, I would like to buy a Warner Bros ball cap please.
Daffy Duck: Well it’s about time! I’ve waited 30 years for someone to```

Hang up the phone
Oh Good Grief! :confused:

3 Likes

3 more days to go! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

calls number, humming the Looney Tunes theme as the phone rings, then someone picks up

Them: “Hello?”

Me: “Oh, uh
hi. I didn’t think this number was still in service.”

Them: “You wouldn’t think so, after three decades but here we are. You want a hat or not?”

Me: “Sure. Thanks.”

Them: “Hey you got it! Thanks for the call buddy.”

goes and sits by the mailbox as he hums “Krusty is coming.” while rocking back and forth in anticipation of the mail coming

1 Like

Two more days to go! :grinning: fun fact, Back then some people jokely said that this movie should’ve been called, ‘Joker’ cause Nicholson had a first name in the credit and had more scenes time then Batman. 30 years later this October Joker will have his own movie, who is play by Joaquin Phoenix!

1 Like

@Reagan With that in mind, and to quote another famous movie villain: “The circle is now complete.”

1 Like