Batman 1989 (Movie)

I vividly remember seeing a double feature of Last Crusade and Final Frontier. I won’t say it’s 1982 level of great films, but we got spoiled again.

There is a lot of behind-the-scenes issues that led to the finished product being what we got. It still falls into “a mediorce Star Trek movie is still more enjoyable to me than a good movie of something non-Trek.”

3 Likes

Agreed.

Nemesis and Into Darkness aside, a bad Trek movie is often better than most other good movies, just as a bad Trek TV outing is often better than other good shows.

3 Likes

I still like Nemesis more than anyone else I think.

And I can even squint at Into Darkness and make a couple of head cannon adjustments to enjoy it.

3 Likes

He said the thing!

6 Likes

OMG OMG OMG! This is gonna’ be AMAZINGGGG!!!

B-Man B-Man B-Man! :star_struck: :purple_heart: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

5 Likes

I’ve gone nuts! :star_struck: :00_batman_1989:

2 Likes

Same! :crazy_face: :laughing: :smiley:

2 Likes

1989 was a great year for movie, much like 1939. :grinning:
I’m suprise no one has mention Field Of Dreams, that was a excellent movie as well for 1989, same with Glory, which was a perfect movie to end the year to 1990.
I’ve share my childhood story on here a few times of when I saw Batman. That was such a fun memory.
Looking forward to seeing the Flash. :smiley:

6 Likes

I still need to see Field of Dreams. Glory was okay, I dunno. Will take it over Gods & Generals and that nonsense. Probably cause of Matthew Broderick. I was more interested in Denzel’s and Morgan Freeman’s characters. Had Bob Gunton as General Harker. I swear - that guy always plays some uppity sob, lol.

2 Likes

Kenner’s Dark Knight Collection 1990/Batman Returns 1992/BTAS figures 1992 TV spots here:

5 Likes

i’m going to double wrap this spoiler

spoiler for an unnamed comic that came out a few days ago (so if you're keeping current with any series, you might want to read this issue for yourself -- but click to see name/number)
spoiler for Batman 135/900

https://www.cbr.com/michael-keaton-batman-joins-dc-comics-continuity/

Action News! And Jack Napier lives!

they even introduced a Keaton Batman of Zur En Arrh!

6 Likes

Pure Kenner childhood joy. :hugs:

2 Likes

SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

:00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

It’s amazing that the Keaton suit even looks great in this context! Timeless!

4 Likes

Agreed!

OMGOMGOMG!

OK, we need celebrate and mark this moment with some :crown: :purple_circle: :purple_square: :purple_circle: :00_batman_1989: :umbrella: #PurpleReign

:tada: :tada: :tada:
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx- c’mere and lookit’ dis^^^!

4 Likes

:smiley: :+1: :00_batman_1989:

4 Likes

Came in so damn clean! :00_batman_1989:

Are you sure?
WhotRthose!?

Made the current universe version look like he was wearing some bootleg sweatsuit.

3 Likes

Batman’s back man! (fun HQAS reference :smiley: :00_harlivy: :00_harlivy: :00_harlivy:)

3 Likes

4 Likes

:star_struck: :purple_heart:

4 Likes