⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

This issue was absolutely fantastic! And B-Man’s first appearance in the series was handled so well and was just plain fun to read. Seeing BG and her mentor work the case together was teeming with nostalgia and I absolutely hearted it! Zee showing up just zinged everything up a notch as well.

:smiley:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1: :00_batgirl_cass_cain: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

2 Likes

The start of the next arc begins! For Ultras! :slight_smile:

Completely agreed! Character interactions this arc have been really top notch!

3 Likes

They have! I’m loving it. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Ace Ventura Football Dance GIF - Ace Ventura Football Dance GIFs

2 Likes

I take it you liked the Annual, then? What’d you think of Steph and Cass being sad that Babs is moving out? I thought that was a really nuanced and well done relationship moment!

2 Likes

I haven’t read it yet.

Nubia and the Justice League Special was my most-anticipated Ultra read of the week, followed by Nightwing 2022 Annual.

I’ll get to the Batgirls ass-kickery once I finish those.

2 Likes

I was pensive what B-Man showing up might mean in the way of story perspective and presentation, but, of course, my fears were easily allayed by Cloonan and Conrad’s always bright and fun vision of all things BGs. :smiley:

3 Likes

Agreed. Batman is such a BIG character that you have to do him justice, but not let him overwhelm the other characters, and I think Cloonan and Conrad did brilliantly. This is a Bruce I love - not weak or overly hampered, but also not overwhelming everyone else.

3 Likes

This^^^ :raised_hands: :fist_right: :fist_left:

3 Likes

Speaking of Cloonan and Conrad, a show of hands for who else is reading their Wonder Woman run?

raises hand

2 Likes

Not yet but I’mma give the once over soon.

2 Likes

Yara Flor is co-starring in Wonder Woman as of the end of #794 (the latest ish), so you know I’m back to reading Wonder Woman as it comes out while she co-stars.

tugs on his “I :heart: Yara Flor!” t-shirt

If Cloonan and Conrad were to do a crossover between Batgirls (which stars my fav BG) and Wonder Woman (which co-stars one of my fav WGs), that would be the wonderful, indeed.

1 Like

Off and on. I’ve liked several of the issues, but it hasn’t quite sucked me into “read every issue as it comes out”. I should catch up on Ultra!

Now that would be fascinating! I think Conrad has been asked about that, and says he is interested, but he’s not in charge (his normal answer for those kinds of questions).

2 Likes

You should, for the Ultra is the ass-kicking most, friend.

Thanks, Spock. :raised_hands:t2:

If he wants to give me something cool for my birthday, a Cass and Yara team-up would be very cool and highly-appreciated, indeed.

2 Likes

Heheh. I think a Cass, Steph, Babs and Yara, Cassie, Donna team up would be six times of awesome.

2 Likes

Oh, most definitely.

I’m just saying that at minimum, a Cass and Yara team-up would rock my Themysciran socks and then some.

4 Likes

Stepping into this conversation with a hard “Yes, please.”

3 Likes

Say, if Static was to enter the Batgirl/Wonder Girl proceedings, then we’d really have a tale of a tale.

Something with juice! Something that’s a real :zap: :sparkles: jolt :sparkles: :zap: of joy to read!

3 Likes

My two faves meeting would be THE DREAM.

2 Likes

Static and…?

1 Like