⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

Likewise for when the few titles I read in print have a new ish to pick up.

Next week, my New Hotness is Superman: Son of Kal-El #18 and WildC.A.T.S #2 (along with Batman/Spawn). 12/13 can’t come soon enough, as I’m hot to trot for my Superman and WildStorm fix.

I’m especially hot to trot for The New Hotness dropping on 12/20, but that’s another matter for another thread. :superman: :batman:

Dude, be honest: “Everyone loves Mister Toad’s Wild Ride.” We always get up to mischief, hijinks, shenaniganery and cahoots (Cahoots, I doth declare! :point_up:t2: :face_with_monocle:), whether its between new issues of the best current Bat-book that isn’t Nightwing or otherwise!

:notes: Its the way we rooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllll! :notes:

3 Likes

Oo, I have that issue! I didn’t even think about it’s value. It was one of my first superhero comics. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

Mora nails it here just like he does over on World’s Finest every month. One of the things I love the most about Mora’s take on the BatFam costumes is his nods to past artists who’ve drawn them, most especially his homages to Norm Breyfogle via BG, Robin, and B-Man’s utility belts

Breyfogle broke from the established capsules or pouches only regimen and drew a belt featuring a more practical arrangement of compartments on it that seemed to be a closer actuality to what B-Man would realistically need out there at night hunting Gotham’s baddies. Mora has continued that idea here on BG’s belt and I also really love that he was able to present BG’s red purse in a more practical appearance in his cover art here as well. Here’s the original look by Gil Kane:

Am really looking forward to snapping up this BGs issue. :smiley:

3 Likes

Lovin’ that user avatar @GaaraMcLovin! :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

A slabbed 9.8 is hitting at around $1600 now. :eyes:

4 Likes

Right back at ya :smile::purple_heart::black_heart::bat: gotta love our Barbaraaa ^~^ I cant wait to read the new Issue, I have had both variant issues pre ordered since october :smiling_face_with_tear: the Animated Batgirl is definitely one of my favorite adaptations of her, so prettyyyy :sob::joy::heart_on_fire: you have a good night @DC89 <3 :birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

2 Likes

Body swap issue #2 has dropped today! Hoorah hooray! Gotta say, Jonathan Case’s art is looking mighty nice!

3 Likes

Batgirls #13 is here! :partying_face:

I still need to finish #12. :smirk:

Spoil, spoil!

2 Likes

Steph has a serious talk (read: fight) with Shiva, while Babs and Bruce do some DETECTIVING!

2 Likes

I’ll read it immediately…in January. :wink:

1 Like

Excellent! Don’t forget to read the Annual at the end of this month too! This is part two of the story that starts there!

2 Likes

places his hand over his heart, which is covered by his “Batgirls is the best non-Nightwing Batbook, right now.” t-shirt

On my honor “Fish are friends, not food.”, I shall read Batgirls Annual #1 when it makes its shiny Ultra drop.

1 Like

My plan continues to have fruitfulness! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes. It continues to bear fruit, as well.

nibbles on strawberries

Mmm, strawberries are nummers.

2 Likes

:purple_heart::+1:

She is the bestest mostest wonderfulest! :purple_heart:

:smiley:

2 Likes

It’s getting interesting for the batgirls…cant wait to see what happens next…and really wondering how the silent issue is going to go.

3 Likes

it’s gonna go…

QUIETLY! :wink:

But yeah, I’m really curious what’s happening next, too!

3 Likes

thinks of the upcoming silent ish, then thinks of the classic issue of Marvel’s G.I. Joe that was silent

If its as good as the Joe tale was, we’re in for a treat.

3 Likes

I like the snarky captions and editor’s notes, but it would be cool if they were kept to the absolute minimum for this one.

4 Likes

For Ultra members, Batgirls 2022 Annual is now available:

2 Likes