Batgirl Relationship: No Bat Heroes

I like Dick/Babs (obviously), but for the purpose of this discussion…

I think anyone Babs would have a real relationship with has to be smart. I don’t think those smarts necessarily have to be tech related, but that could pair nicely.

I hadn’t considered Cyborg. I think she kind of hacked him once (to get Damian back from Apokolips?), so that could be weird. On the flip side, wasn’t she infected by an Apokolips tech virus at somepoint? Perhaps they could bond over that.

My mind actually jumped to Roy Harper/Arsenal. Then, I rejected it, but the idea kept popping up, lol. He’s a similar type of hero (more street level), is mechanically inclined (he makes all those trick arrows), he understands family drama, has overcome dark/tragic events, deeply loves his family, and has strong ties and responsibilities to help anchor him (Lian is totally alive and well for the version of the character I’m picturing!). (Disclaimer: I just read GA 80th and loved seeing Roy telling Lian a bedtime story. )

She had a flirtation with Ted Cord, but I like them better as friends. Besides he seemed too old and a bit washed up at the time… maybe the current version? However, beyond the tech stuff, I don’t know what they have in common.

I think Jason Bard may have been an interesting love interest, but he mostly just fell flat for me after the creative team changed.