:00_flash: Barry Allen as The Flash: Who He Is and How He Came to Be :00_flash:

Now I really wish I had become a director, because if I had, I would totally start a Flash movie or TV show out this way!

2 Likes

As a director, you could cue Queen in on my Flash “song”, as I bet they’d like it. :wink:

3 Likes

It’s not necessarily a good ‘introduction’ story. The Manabuc trades from the New52 are very attractive, the layouts are excellent and the art is really incredible. Up until the 5th or 6th trades, the quality holds up well and you should be able to find them inexpensively. The Wally West run has largely been collected and recently released, look for either The Flash by Grant Morrison/Mark Miller, or TF by Geoff Johns, or TF by Mark Waid. These are handled like typically creator changes on a line, so they are friendly to pick up and dive into without needing a lot of background. I have an affection for the Silver Age books and you can find those in trade paperback but that would probably set you back the most. Conversely, you could start with the most recent run, by Williamson, and likely find sales at either In Stock Trades or any of the usual suspects. I just read the Year One book and while I wasn’t thrilled at some of Porter’s art choices, it was easy to pick up and enjoy. However, I had a loan from the library, not a purchase.

2 Likes