Bane's venom tubes.

So, my mother is a fan of comic books. She doesn’t read them or anything, but she likes the characters and movies. Every time she sees a movie or show with Bane in it however, she says “WHY DON’T THEY [they referring to Batman or whoever] JUST PULL THE TUBES OUT?!?!?” She thinks that Bane is one of the dumbest DC villains. I keep trying to tell her it’s not that simple but she complains anyways, back me up with some reasons.

1 Like

He’s so fast and strong, the temptation to rip the tubes out is like a trap, drawing his opponents in close. They think it’ll be that easy, just grab the tube, but before they know it he’s got them in his iron grip!

And it’d be gross.

3 Likes

If you watch the second season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, it’s tough sometimes for the Rangers while fighting the puttys to hit ‘Z’ on their chest, Like Biff_Pow say, Bane is one tough villain! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s the adaptations’ fault for making the Venom Bane’s only gimmick. Comic!Bane doesn’t have that problem because he’s smart, skilled, and doesn’t even use or need the Venom all that much. Plus, the tubes might not actually be that easy to pull out. They could be reinforced to prevent cutting, and locked in such that you can’t remove them just by yanking. Think of a garden hose and how it has to be screwed onto the spout.

1 Like

Then there’s Batman and Robin where Robin and batgirl just kick the tubes and he turns to a raisen

Batman does pull the tube out during Bane’s first appearance in BTAS. But even with Bane incapacitated by a Venom overdose it took a couple of tugs to rip it out.

2 Likes

Tell her that Batman does attack those tubes early and often. It’s one of the 1st things that he goes for every time they fight. Some times it’s a short fight because of that. Everyone else is justifiably scared of Bane. Batman manufactures opportunities to get at those tubes. While she’s asking how many times is Bane going to fail to make his delivery system less vulnerable she should look at how he get down. Bane is a vicious hit man, a brutal thug and a ruthless sadistic calculating gangster.

Other than the insane genius known as Batman most are not bold enough to try him. That’s why Gotham needs a Batman. Their criminal element will do almost anything to anyone at any time anywhere. Still, people are to busy being scared that Bane would kill them to press their luck with him. Why? Because … if he’s not using them he’s likely to crushed a skull or break a back or snap a neck. They’re trying avoid that by staying out of his reach. He’s not only a lot stronger than he should be he’s a lot faster than he should be too.

2 Likes

Hah… Break a back… Hehe… I leave now

2 Likes

I pass on venom not for Ambush bug nope

1 Like

4th wall break: Santa prisca is beautiful until I saw Bane prison cell smell like vinegar & black Rotten potatoes…

2 Likes