Bad Comic Book Art?

@Batwing52, I do see your point! He was my artist growing up in the 90s and I have that nostalgia for his work. And I do agree that he has a lot of fantastic points with his work! I was just wondering what the community thought! I appreciate your opinion!!

1 Like

@dkalban, what the?! How did I miss this? It’s exactly the same but worse! Oh man! How did he get away with this?:crazy_face:

1 Like

I can see what you mean by unfinished. I think a lot artists are prone to really lazy or ugly panels from time to time. When I think of bad comic book art, I must say I think of Frank Miller. Blasphemy I know. But everyone seems so boxy in his work. I’m just not a fan. ick

1 Like

I have no idea. There’s homage…and then there’s deliberate ripping off. Given that this was just prior to his 2012 ragequit of DC, probably he was phoning it in?

Yeah I have to agree. Some point after TDKR, his art style shifted…and not always for the better.

‘80s and ‘90s Frank Miller is one of the greatest artists of all time. ‘00s and ‘10s Frank Miller? Not so much.

1 Like

I’m one of the few people who like Liefeld. I like his exaggerated proportions, and I agree with most people when they talk about his tropes, but that’s all fine to me. Besides that image wasn’t supposed to be released anyway.

1 Like