Backlist Breakout Returns--Vote Now!

Adventure Comics, Superman and Warlord here.

14 Likes

15 Likes

I continue to be disenfranchised :cry:

Power Company, Bat Lash, and JSA All Stars for me!

16 Likes

Voted for warworld batlash and I’ll through in a vote due JSA

12 Likes

This was a hard vote for me. I stuck with a promise to @TravisMorgan for Warlord and will every single time I see it on here. The second and third votes though were harder. I believe Superman and Adventure will get plenty of votes and I am hoping one of them will get in, but I want to see a more obscure title get in as well, so I had to throw in my votes for Power Company and Bat Lash. I went back and forth a LOT on this one. I would like to see JSA All Stars in the running next time again, as I would vote for it next time for sure. I just wanted the potentiality of these 2 to get in more. Bat Lash for more Western and different non-superhero vibes. I have always wanted to read “The Power Company” as well. Looking forward to seeing whichever ones win this time around.

11 Likes

Yeah, I voted on that one despite disliking it simply because we have a bunch of the tie-in issues but not the event itself.

And by a bunch of the tie-in issues, I mean Batman #415 with Jason Todd, and I’m biased.

15 Likes

It will be tough, but we gotta see the Warlord mission through!

16 Likes

I have a really, really hard time voting in these. They all look great to me. :smiley:

15 Likes

First of all, this is awesome and second of all, this is tough!

I have to go with the JSA All-Stars first because that’s got my guy Hawkman in it.
Like @HubCityQuestion question I adore the DC westerns so Bat Lash is my second pick.
Last I’ll go with Who’s Who in the DC Universe because I love the informational books and seeing how much has changed.

Left a lot of meat on the bone with those picks and anxious to see what wins and gets broken out of the backlist!

14 Likes

Paging @TravisMorgan! We know what you want :wink:

14 Likes

I went with:
Warlord (I want the whole series and it would be especially sad to only have one vote’s worth on here)
Adventure (so we can get closer to a complete Legion set)
Who’s Who (because I’m an info comic lover. I wish we could get the ICG DC indices on here but I’m pretty sure that’s beyond reach)

But it does hurt to not be able to vote for Power Company and Millennium and JSA All-stars (I am missing one of those issues in physical copy and would love to finish reading it). I would like Superman also, but I feel that eventually those will be done.

14 Likes

I’m confused. I thought Warlord alrwon Round One.

Superman and Adventure Comics should have beean completed years ago.

11 Likes

I really can’t answer about Warlord, since I don’t work with DC Comics, but I do agree with you on Adventures Comics and Superman.:slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I think that each winner gets three months of issues (or the complete series if it is 12 or fewer issues and then needs to win again to continue. I believe this means that warlord would need to win 11 times to complete it. I guess it was done this way to allow for a series that readers decide is not worth uploading to not take up space for years.

12 Likes

Make mine Superman v1, Millennium and WildC.A.T.S v1, if you please.

14 Likes

I voted for Warlord (ALWAYS!), Superman, and WildC.A.T.s.

13 Likes

I didn’t mention Who’s Who in my post above, but I also came very close to voting for it. If I am remembering correctly, this one was done in a more binder/looseleaf format than comic format. This has resulted in this particular group sometimes being harder to find complete in printed form. So it being here would be a huge thing for individuals who want to actually see all of Who’s Who.

15 Likes

Flash Fact: JSA All-Stars is in digital and on DCUI already, via the JSA by Geoff Johns Book Three collection, seen below:

I definitely understand anyone’s desire to have it in single issues as well (especially if you’re not an Ultra member, as the above is Ultra-only), but for anyone contemplating a vote for JSA All-Stars that is also an Ultra member, do please know that the series is already in our library.

Now, go vote for Millennium please, so that the last major DC event not yet in digital can see digital life and so that the Millennium-branded tie-ins in our library can finally have something to tie into. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Yeah, that’s ultimately another one I threw another vote towards. It’s an important part of DC history that should already be available on a site like this.

Well, Adventure has 400+ issues, some of them going as far back as the Golden Age and many of those were never properly preserved. Likewise, Action had 900 issues before the New 52 reboot/renumbering. From 700 onward, many are available and easy to digitize because of their quality. The 600s are missing some chunks, and everything below 500 is very intermittent. And for many issues (for example, nearly the first 100 of the Action Comics) which you can supposedly buy (or read) a digital, only the Superman story is available. DC only cleaned up the Zatarra story for the 1000 anniversary special because issue number 1 was also his first appearance.

Exactly.

There are probably people like me who read and found the letter pages sometimes amusing and entertaining, and I bet DC could digitize those easily, add some commentary and even sell it as a collected hard bound book. Would it sell in the tens of thousands? Nope. But it would, I’m confident, sell in something like 5K to 10K and DC has print runs for some stuff in those quantities for limited collected things. Digitizing some of it would be a good way to test the waters.

This is true for a number of floppies and they, frankly, IMHO should be on the site and available to read for members (and to buy for Kindle, iBook, Nook, Googleplay users, etc.) as it does not cost DC another penny. It’s frankly absurd that it doesn’t occur and it’s part and parcel of my complaint about the gutting of the on-site, in-house people who used to handle the collected editions, which happened well before the DISCO joint venture and even predates the AT&T merger, but each of those has also lead to a decline and loss of talent, plus simply historical know-how.

12 Likes

Here is hoping the next round has Legion and Flash (missing the issues with Firestorm backups).

10 Likes