audio comics?

Has anyone ever thought about doing something like an audio comic I guess you would say not quit a motion comic but I just thought it would be interesting to see someone read comics especially when you don’t have time to read a comic but you want to listen to it or someone with a disability that can’t read I just thought was an interesting thought

4 Likes

I agree @tootlesmasher this is an amazing idea and I will be sure to pass this along to the team!

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that too. Audio comics is such a dope concept as Comicstorian ( Youtube ) has proved. I hope DCU explores this.

2 Likes

Get the Comicstorian dude to narrate them. He does it really well on his YT channel. It’s a dope idea.

2 Likes

@cbplanets yeah I’ve watched comicstorian and that’s why I brought this up I like his vids but it kinda sucks that he has to shorten his videos and cut some things out for copywrite so it would be cool to see him or someone become like an official reader or something so he could read the whole thing with no problems

2 Likes

@tootlesmasher I’d love for DC to work with YouTubers to make official content for DC Universe. That would be awesome.

3 Likes

I’ve been known to read comics out loud on occasion. It’s exhausting and tears up my throat, but it’s fun.

Basically, all I’m saying is that if you want a good Riddler voice, hit me up.

I’m also pretty proud of the voices I’ve done for Hugo Strange and Nightwing. Just saying. My Aquaman is good too. You know, in case you’re looking for somebody.

1 Like

@Awesome_Squid the major comics working with youtubers sounds amazing. Imagine if we got Comicstorian or Comicsexplained or ComicPOP vids on DCU.

4 Likes

@MajorZuma I would figuratively die for some official Back Issues and Elseworlds Exchanges!

3 Likes

It has been done before. Audible adapted the comic Locke and Key into an audio drama. There is also a Wolverine podcast that was later turned into a comic. In the 1970s the Fantastic Four were featured in a radio show that was narrated by Stan Lee and Bill Murray was the voice of Johnny Storm.