ASK...THE QUESTION: How Many Aliens Are Currently on Earth-Prime?

Hello. I’m Alex Jaffe, better known in the DC Community as HubCityQuestion. I’m here today once more on my greatest mission: to take on any question you have about the DC Universe—no matter how strange, granular or obscure—and satisfy your curiosity. As a faithful steward of the truth, I offer my time in this monthly column to address these comic book mysteries. If you’d like to submit a question of your own, you can stop by my virtual office at any time in the DC Community to state your case, which I’ll address to the best of my ability.

Thanks to:
@WildStorm-Jeff
@existo
@TurtleMan
@kmassicott660.81560

For their questions this month!

TurtleMan asks:

How did Wonder Woman get her name?

Originally, creator William Moulton Marston wanted to call his heroine “Suprema, the Wonder Woman”—in much the same way that her male counterpart was addressed as “Superman, Champion of the Oppressed.” By shuffling around some letters and dropping the “n”, Marston envisioned his Amazon Princess as women’s answer to Superman while keeping her apart from him. Ultimately, however, it was Marston’s editor, Sheldon Mayer, who made the decision to drop the “Suprema” and call her by her alliterative title alone.

To see the full list of questions, head over to DC Comics!

To submit your own question to @HubCityQuestion, head over to their submission thread! :point_right:

2 Likes

I agree with the editors. Wonder Woman is way better than Suprema.

2 Likes

As soon as I saw that alien species list, this immediately popped into my head:

1 Like