ASK... THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread

Hey HCQ.

@MatthewHecht posted this and I wasn’t sure if that was true. Can mosquitoes actually kill Superman? If so, when do we see this?

5 Likes

I think you misunderstood Matthew’s question. The instant death would be for the mosquito, not for Superman.

6 Likes

Oh that makes more sense lol

Thanks HCQ

4 Likes

As a young boy Jurisdiction was attacked by a magic mosquito with kryptonite nose rings and red sun lamps. This still throws off his perception of them.

6 Likes

For the last time, I am not Matt McGinnis!

6 Likes

Whatever you say Cameron.

5 Likes

I have a question but I’m scared of sounding like an idiot.

6 Likes

There are no stupid questions! If you’re embarrassed, you can always DM me.

7 Likes

How are Bud and Lou so adorable?

6 Likes

Thank you

5 Likes

The prevailing theory is that humans find animals cute because their simple behaviors and expressions remind us of infants, which we are genetically predisposed to protect.

9 Likes

Hello @HubCityQuestion :0_the_question_jlu:,
Today I was watching Superman The Animated Series episode with Mxyzptlk, when Clark was writing an article he purposely had many typos and Lois came by and told him he’s getting sloppy with alot of typos.
Then I remember in Superman The movie, Lois seem to have a spelling typos of her own.
Before Superman the movie, did Lois ever had a spelling problem with typos? I don’t remember her having typo problem in The Adventures of Superman,
If this was just in a movie, I would have to say that’s a bit insulting to her character since she’s suppose to be a talented writer for a newspaper. Thankyou.

:00_daily_planet:

4 Likes

The running gag of Lois Lane’s spelling issues originates in the 1978 Superman movie! I understand why it might feel insulting, but proper spelling isn’t the only thing that makes a great reporter. What makes Lois great is that she’ll go to any lengths to get her story, no matter how dangerous. As a journalist myself, I have plenty of colleagues who have issues with spelling, including but not limited to dyslexia. That’s why we have spell-checker!

8 Likes

Thankyou so much @HubCityQuestion. :slightly_smiling_face: By the way I really did enjoy reading your article about Good guy clowns in DC Comics.

4 Likes

Your answers are often springboards for new questions, sir. For that, you again have my thanks. Such again, is the case. When referencing Alpha Centurian (else where), and the other heroes who confronted Dr. Manhattan on Mars, you got me to thinking.

Ever since a certain green skinned alien was first introduced back in 1955, different portrayals of Martians continued within the yet-to-be unified DCU. And, the one thing that didn’t happen for many decades to follow, was the return of the Martian Manhunter to his home world.

When did (and what iteration of) J’onn J’onzz first return to the planet of his birth? And under what circumstances? As I assume that none of his JLA colleagues ever provided said transportation. Given how embarrassing that clearly would have been for them, at that time. Or am I wrong about that?

Stay safe, be well.

5 Likes

Why is it that comics focusing on magic using protagonists (Zatanna, Klarion, Doctor Fate, Raven, Etcetera) typically struggle so hard to remain afloat and tend to have short lifespans before cancellation?

4 Likes

This is true for more than comics.

3 Likes

When is Damian Wayne’s birthday?

It seems to be pretty easy to find all the other Robins’ birthdays but I can’t figure out Damian’s.

3 Likes

Most character birthdays we know come from the 1970s “SUPER CALENDAR.” There are a few characters with birthdays stated in comic book sources after that, but it’s quite rare. Damian Wayne is one of many characters who has never been assigned an official birthday.

8 Likes

Huh, that’s interesting. Thanks for answering!

4 Likes