Ask Sam Humphries (Almost) Anything!

Sam,

Do you prefer a dapper bowtie or a business tie?

(No cheating, you must choose your fate, sir!)

1 Like

I’m a huge Static fan and also a fan of your comic work so I wonder what would be your take on the character if you had the chance to write him

Is the video of the interview up yet?

If you could write for any current ongoing title that you’ve not written before, which would it be?

Do you miss writing for nightwing?

Hey is a question. It’s About Superman 2

The title
Is it Superman 2
Or
Is it
Superman 2
The Adventures continues

Sam, you are such a positive force in DC Daily and you are always having fun (everyone else is too but you have this fanboy glow about you). Anyways, what is it like to write scripts for a story and collaborating with an artist? Is it intimidating at times? How do you know when to step in and be more of a director for the story and when to back off and let the artist do their thing? I am just now dipping my toes in animation and learning more about collaborating in that process and wanted to hear your thoughts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How did you get your start in writing comic books? Also, any words of advice for the other aspiring writers out there?

1 Like

Sam… what has Pinot Grigio Sally been up to at the hotel?

3 Likes

What, in your opinion, was the best run you have ever written during your time at DC?

What D-list character do you think you could make cool and relevant in 2019?

How did you meet Doug benson? I love your appearances there!
(Ha!) okay seriously… think you could get on Doug loves movies?

:star_struck: Thanks for being so terrific. You always tend to restore my faith in humanity :woman_superhero:

1 Like

any chance you can ask to write a Deadman story or something unique like another take on Animal Man or Bwana Beast or some odd character?